Sausage Party Review

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
RubinHighlander

Sausage Party Review

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Anyone in Nomdom watched the movie Sausage Party? As most of you know, Seth Rogan is a most irreverent guy. Last night DW and I were bored with our very limited viewing selection off the free TV antenna. We've been trying to find thing on our Amazon Prime account and we dialed up this movie.

First of all, I would not recommend it to anyone but the crassest of friends. I spent 20 years in the army, artillery unit when there were no women; so I've seen and heard the very seediest and rankest of sexual innuendos. However, I heard a few new ones in this movie. It's overall premise is a huge dis on religion and how ridiculous it is, but I already knew that. It had it's funny parts but it gets quite cringe-worthy at the end, literally a food orgy...of the CGI animated type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VoNgLnjzVg

So my review is...sorry, I can't give it a thumbs up because that would just be one more in a long line of sexual innuendos.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

LaMachina

Re: Sausage Party Review

Post by LaMachina » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:44 pm

I did find some moments pretty clever and it made me laugh more than I thought it might. However I have no idea who I'd recommend it to...It's pretty crude. My wife refused to watch it and she's no shrinking violet. If you feel like something pretty stupid yet well done and you're not bothered by many, many f-bombs than you could do worse than this!

Corsair

Re: Sausage Party Review

Post by Corsair » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks for the review of the movie. I was worried that this would be a description of the average Phoenix NOM lunch.