Jazz fans check this out!

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
deacon blues

Jazz fans check this out!

Post by deacon blues » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:47 am

Google: Sant Andreu Jazz Band out of Barcelona Spain. There are dozens out wonderful videos on You Tube of fine young (teenage and so even younger) musicians, performing on this videos. Director Joan Chamorro has made magic with these incredible young people.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

DPRoberts

Re: Jazz fans check this out!

Post by DPRoberts » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:14 pm

Thanks for the tip, Deacon. I'll definitely check them out. What a great calling, to introduce young people to the joy of making high quality music. I think the arts are where my post mo spirituality is most awakened.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:58 pm

I know I have heard other great big bands from Barcelona. It makes me wonder if Barcelona is the European hub for big band jazz. If so, and if they have an active concert scene I think Barcelona needs to go on my bucket list.

I was too lazy to aquire the skills of a jazz musician and really want to kick my younger self for that. In my next life I want to be a multiple threat like Mel Torme. Andrea Motis in these videos seems well on her way to being that.

There's little I have found in life as worthwhile as playing in an ensemble with several other musicians to create some sonic beauty in the world. I think we could change the world very much for the better of we could let more people experience that.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:11 pm

For me, music was the most fun thing available to human beings. Sex might be a close second. ;)
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Not sure how I would rank the two activities you mentioned. Probably go with what I once heard from a cellist. Music is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I'll leave it at that :D