Governor Cox on transgender athletes

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Governor Cox on transgender athletes

Post by Hagoth » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:00 pm

I was quite touched by how Spencer Cox (who I have generally considered to be lacking anything resembling a spine) showed sincere compassion for the transgender kids caught in the latest conservative kerfuffle. It's because he actually, surprise!, met them. All FOUR of them. I hope I never hear a single member of the Utah Legislature who helped sneak that bill through at the last moment try to take the high ground in any discussion about bullying without being lambasted for their behavior yesterday. I can't think of a more majestic example of bullying than the many, many thousands of people in this state, led by an entire state senate, going so far out of their way to publicly bully FOUR specific children for being different. And yet they seem confused about why so many of the LGBT kids in this state take their own lives.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

2bizE

Re: Governor Cox on transgender athletes

Post by 2bizE » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:00 pm

Well said. I hope he can keep his spine regarding other issues.
It seems like the Utah legislature likes to identify stupid, fringe issues that make little contribution…
Ie, not allowing beverages with a certain type of alcohol commonly found in hard seltzer to be sold in grocery stores? Really? Our Great Lake is drying up, our infrastructure is falling apart, LDS bishops and leaders are molesting children behind closed doors, and the legislature is working on hard seltzer, not allowing 4 youth endangered students play sports, and erotic paragraphs in books. Hell, if it takes steamy parts in a book to get a teenager to read, I’m all for it…
~2bizE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:06 pm

2bizE wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:00 pm
...and erotic paragraphs in books.
Apparently these guys either don't know about the internet or they think teenagers don't.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:45 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:00 pm
I was quite touched by how Spencer Cox (who I have generally considered to be lacking anything resembling a spine) showed sincere compassion for the transgender kids caught in the latest conservative kerfuffle. It's because he actually, surprise!, met them. All FOUR of them. I hope I never hear a single member of the Utah Legislature who helped sneak that bill through at the last moment try to take the high ground in any discussion about bullying without being lambasted for their behavior yesterday. I can't think of a more majestic example of bullying than the many, many thousands of people in this state, led by an entire state senate, going so far out of their way to publicly bully FOUR specific children for being different. And yet they seem confused about why so many of the LGBT kids in this state take their own lives.
Agreed. And what the religiouslature did was absof*ckinglutey shameful, but definitely not surprising in this state.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:18 am

Hermey wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Agreed. And what the religiouslature did was absof*ckinglutey shameful, but definitely not surprising in this state.
They're just following the prophet of the church/state.