What's with deceptive Fox News Headlines?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
deacon blues

What's with deceptive Fox News Headlines?

Post by deacon blues » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 pm

I occasionally listen to FOX new to try and balance my information, and they occasionally make good points, but a new trend is really discouraging me. :cry:

Tonight (3/6/2022) I am reading You tube headlines such as Breaking News- "Putins Makes Joe Resign" and "Putin Resign Done" as I scan my you tube leads tonight.
They are inaccurate, deceptive, and grammatically incorrect.
And the stories really don't follow the headlines. is this intentional?
What am I missing?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

deacon blues

Re: What's with deceptive Fox News Headlines?

Post by deacon blues » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:49 pm

I misread the title. It isn't Fox, it is Newsmax. They sometimes add the word Fox prominently in their logo/headline. Wikipedia says they're trying to outfox FOX news. But essentially they appear to be untrustworthy, if only for the headlines.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:09 am

deacon blues wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:49 pm
Wikipedia says they're trying to outfox FOX news. But essentially they appear to be untrustworthy, if only for the headlines.
Being untrustworthy seems like a well-researched ploy to lure Fox viewers.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:20 pm

Newsmax falls significantly below Drunk History as a reliable news source.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."