Holotropic Breathwork

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
DPRoberts

Re: Holotropic Breathwork

Post by DPRoberts » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:23 am

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:09 pm
DPRoberts wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:30 am
I knew I was asking you to describe the indescribable, but I think you did an admiral job of it. Thank you.

This adds another tool to the spiritual toolkit that i will continue to use (using the word "spiritual" in a way that has nothing to do with unseen beings, in case Fluff reads this). But it also confirms what I suspected, which is that I still need to try psychedelics to add another dimension to my efforts toward expanded consciousness.
I'm everywhere. Or maybe: I read everything (on NOM...)
Hi there, Fluff. My hunch was good.

I think your emu needs a Santa hat :P
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Hagoth

Re: Holotropic Breathwork

Post by Hagoth » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:59 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:05 am
Just a little follow-up. I guess my BP monitor isn't broken. Every day for the past week I have been seeing a drop in systolic blood pressure of 15-20 points after 10-15 min of holotropic-style breathwork followed by 5-10 min of resonant breathing. For the first time in my life it's going below 120, which is happening every day now. Crazy. I'm going to talk to my doctor about this. I'm curious and hopeful about what will develop over the long term.
I did talk to my doctor and he wasn't at all surprised. He said this is a real phenomenon and that there is even a possibility that I will could see a big enough long term benefit that I will be able to drop my BP medication altogether. Now I don't know who's crazier, him or me. Regardless of that, I wouldn't stop my daily routine just because of the mental & emotional benefits.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."