Ultra by Rachel Maddow

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Ultra by Rachel Maddow

Post by moksha » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:09 pm

This program on the startling history of the late 1930s to the mid-1940s is a real eye-opener and Rachel Maddow explains things so well.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-presents-ultra

It's like a foreshadowing of Donald Trump.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: Ultra by Rachel Maddow

Post by Hagoth » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:24 pm

Thanks Moksha. I subscribed.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:19 am

This part of American history seems so hidden and mysterious. I remember when I was young, my uncle told me about German-American bund rallys held at the Salt Lake City and County building in the pre-WWII years. A bunch of Mormons zeiging heil to the furher seemed odd, but apparently there were even more incidious activities going on across the country.

In The Lord of the Rings, there was a section toward the end that dealt with the scouring of the shire, cleansing out the foul remains of Saruman's henchmen. In our own country, the effort seemed to be focused on rooting out communism, while the American Nazis were allowed to quietly slip back under rocks, till reawakened by Trump.

As philosopher George Santanyana said, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:16 pm

All eight episodes of Ultra are now available to you.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-presents-ultra
-- Moksha

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:42 pm

A recent quote I have heard is: "History may not repeat itself, but it does mirror itself.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.