Deacon Blues Law of persuasion #1.

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
deacon blues

Deacon Blues Law of persuasion #1.

Post by deacon blues » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:27 am

#1 When a disputed idea/fact/meme/world view is being discussed/debated/argued each proponent will ALWAYS EXAGGERATE the evidence/anecdotes/statistics that support their claim. I believe this rule is not 50%, not 75%, but 99% true. ;)
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Angel

Re: Deacon Blues Law of persuasion #1.

Post by Angel » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:56 pm

Ben Franklin - politician, scientist, influencer - used a few communication tricks, of which one was to never be firmly fixed on any position. Stay vague, stay open - it seems to me that... correct me if I am wrong but what I have observed so far is ... use careful, thoughtful, non-dogmatic, open to change (and do actually change - we are all wrong from time to time).

I'm a teacher, and use this approach in class, allow students to correct me, we work together on solutions, no lectures, no preaching - just a bunch of imperfect humans getting through the material together.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson