Mormon Rap

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Linked

Mormon Rap

Post by Linked » Wed May 17, 2023 12:35 pm

Remember this from 1988? It was a simpler time. Half the words are banned by the church now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99rxBcXUAs0
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

nibbler

Re: Mormon Rap

Post by nibbler » Wed May 17, 2023 4:27 pm

Christ rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., get the money. Tithing to the church y'all.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat May 20, 2023 9:11 am

Yeah, I remember that song. Is there a cringe emoji?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon May 22, 2023 4:49 am

Yeah, I had the cassette single of that back in the day. Different world then, back when the church was allowed to laugh at itself.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams