Dear Jesus...

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Dear Jesus...

Post by Hagoth » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:53 pm

If you are real, please make an appearance on a Republican debate stage as a presidential candidate, so we can see how you, the real you, would be accepted by those who claim to be your most worthy and devout followers.

Amen
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Re: Dear Jesus...

Post by Hagoth » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:02 am

p.s. Also, if you're real, please come back soon. But make sure it's the real you. Not the scary apocalypse version. Not the dogmatic corporate Mormon version. Not the hateful, gun-toting Evangelical version. Just the plain old love your enemy, heal the sick, do unto others, consider the lilies version. Those other guys would certainly be disappointed, but us lost sheep would welcome you. With you running the show, the money wasted on political campaigns and campaign coverage alone would probably provide adequate food, education, and healthcare for everyone.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Re: Dear Jesus...

Post by moksha » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:35 am

Come unto me Rhonda Santis, and answer this question
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha