The Reality of Woke Ideology

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Angel

Re: The Reality of Woke Ideology

Post by Angel » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:48 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:57 pm

Thanks. Interesting. For some people, the war probably has a start date based on something written on a cave wall.

I live in Utah. At one point, this land was not part of the United States neither was it part of one nation under god. And yet, I feel like it has been long enough and this is my home. Some people live in Atlanta where the Muskogee and Cherokee lived. I am in no position to say when the boundaries were right and when they weren't. Nor am I able to say they were drawn incorrectly. I will never have all the information. I am empathetic to people caught up in this. I am not empathetic to sympathizers of terrorist crimes against women and children. That includes terrorism that gets women and children killed, not just the killing of women and children.

For what it worth, I have no empathy for neocons in my country either. This whole thing sucks.
the war starts with segregation. segregated schools, segregated churches - there are still black churches, Hispanic speaking congregations, Chinese wards - segregated church, segregated neighborhoods.

I'm very lucky, live in the most diverse part of America - Houston has no ethnic majority, nearly one-in-four residents are foreign-born. My neighborhood, my school - all launguages/cultures/ethnicities going on. Not the local LDS wards - they segregated everyone into different ethnic congregations, but for everyone else, it is a big melting pot which is beautiful.

This is how you fix it - intermarry, mix up neighborhoods and schools, remove segregation and you no longer have "Palestinian" or Jewish" or "Mexican" or "Black" - mix it all up and the problems go away.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:18 am

Amen, Angel.

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:47 am

Angel wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:48 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:57 pm

Thanks. Interesting. For some people, the war probably has a start date based on something written on a cave wall.

I live in Utah. At one point, this land was not part of the United States neither was it part of one nation under god. And yet, I feel like it has been long enough and this is my home. Some people live in Atlanta where the Muskogee and Cherokee lived. I am in no position to say when the boundaries were right and when they weren't. Nor am I able to say they were drawn incorrectly. I will never have all the information. I am empathetic to people caught up in this. I am not empathetic to sympathizers of terrorist crimes against women and children. That includes terrorism that gets women and children killed, not just the killing of women and children.

For what it worth, I have no empathy for neocons in my country either. This whole thing sucks.
the war starts with segregation. segregated schools, segregated churches - there are still black churches, Hispanic speaking congregations, Chinese wards - segregated church, segregated neighborhoods.

I'm very lucky, live in the most diverse part of America - Houston has no ethnic majority, nearly one-in-four residents are foreign-born. My neighborhood, my school - all launguages/cultures/ethnicities going on. Not the local LDS wards - they segregated everyone into different ethnic congregations, but for everyone else, it is a big melting pot which is beautiful.

This is how you fix it - intermarry, mix up neighborhoods and schools, remove segregation and you no longer have "Palestinian" or Jewish" or "Mexican" or "Black" - mix it all up and the problems go away.
Are you living in the Ohio? You have suggested an excellent way to breed out unique traits by diminutizing branches.

This requires either abortion or commiting sin to your children or adoption or a government to keep the great or small at peace.
“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; “For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him” (D&C 18:10–11).