Annalee Skarin- Mormon Prophetess?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
deacon blues

Annalee Skarin- Mormon Prophetess?

Post by deacon blues » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:45 pm

It always amazes me when I learn about new, to me, actors in the Mormon drama. Annalee Skarin is such a person. Wikipedia gives a short description of her life, but leaves more questions than answers. Has anyone else encountered her story? read her books?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Re: Annalee Skarin- Mormon Prophetess?

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:34 pm

Her story in Wikipedia indicates she suffered abuse at the hands of the LDS Church. The Church was less fearful of exposure for its vindictiveness back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annalee_Skarin

Analee was the granddaughter of Brigham's #2 assassin, Wild Bill Hickman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiken_massacre_(Utah)
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:48 am

From the cited WIki page:
Annalee Skarin (born Annalee Kohlepp: July 7, 1899 – Transfigured 1952), was an American Latter-day Saint writer ...
Wow! Whoever wrote that page was a believer in her... I have never seen someone listed as transfigured on wikipedia.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:48 am
I have never seen someone listed as transfigured on Wikipedia.
Usually, it takes a year-long effort on a rigorous diet and strenuous exercise to get me transfigured.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:07 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
From the cited WIki page:
Annalee Skarin (born Annalee Kohlepp: July 7, 1899 – Transfigured 1952), was an American Latter-day Saint writer ...
Wow! Whoever wrote that page was a believer in her... I have never seen someone listed as transfigured on wikipedia.
Yeah! That made me wonder if some people know how to slip non-facts into Wikipedia. :shock: She is depicted as being like the Three Nephites, she still hangs around earth, was sighted a few times up through the 1980's.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:39 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:07 pm
Yeah! That made me wonder if some people know how to slip non-facts into Wikipedia. :shock: She is depicted as being like the Three Nephites, she still hangs around earth, was sighted a few times up through the 1980's.
Oh boy. I would love to hang out with her! Is there a protocol for summoning her? My efforts with the Three Amigos have fallen flat so far. They're like that treasure chest that always slips away just before you see it.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:08 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:39 pm
Yeah! They're like that treasure chest that always slips away just before you see it.
Probably from the powers retained by the White Salamander.
-- Moksha

alas

Post by alas » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:25 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 am
Just This Guy wrote:
I have never seen someone listed as transfigured on Wikipedia.
Usually, it takes a year-long effort on a rigorous diet and strenuous exercise to get me transfigured.
Hey, I have a trans friend waiting for top surgery. If that what you mean by trans-figured?