Creeper alert

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Korihor

Creeper alert

Post by Korihor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Funny story

Mrs Kori has been going to crossfit for several months now. Today she posted on facebook a short video clip of her doing a lift exercise with a heavy barbell and weight. ( I think she looks pretty hot)

Anyway, she was proud of herself and posted the video and it got many comments from family and friends.
In facebook, it's only a 6 second video and it keeps playing in a loop so it kinda looks like she's lifting over and over against.

Someone commmented "You can STOP now I been watching you for 4 hours now. Don't hurt your self."

Creeper alert!!!!

Anyway, it was her dad that made that comment. He's a nice guy, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Every time he comments on something we always cringe.

Actually, every time we go out in public with him we cringe. He frequently flirts with 20 yr old girls and also makes subtly racist comments.

Actually, I cringe anytime I have any type of interaction with him at all.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Enoch Witty

Re: Creeper alert

Post by Enoch Witty » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:39 pm

I thought for sure the video clip was going to have a guy checking her out in the background or something, looping every six seconds in perpetuity. A creepy comment from Dad? That's probably worse...

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Korihor wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 pm
Anyway, it was her dad that made that comment. He's a nice guy, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Every time he comments on something we always cringe.

Actually, every time we go out in public with him we cringe. He frequently flirts with 20 yr old girls and also makes subtly racist comments.

Actually, I cringe anytime I have any type of interaction with him at all.
Truly the spirit of Brigham Young lives on in your father-in-law:
  1. Says crazy things
  2. Flirts with 20 year olds
  3. Subtle but noticeable racism
Now just make him an apostle and the reincarnation can proceed in earnest.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Another anecdote involving my FIL.

Several years ago, my wife's younger sister got a job at the local Sears Department store as clerk. She was attending to her duties, when a customer approached her. The customer was an older man with grey hair and somewhat unkept dress. She spoke with this customer for several minutes, long enough that the floor manager noticed and observed the scene.

When she finally finished with the customer, her manager came over. He told her, "Just be careful with some of those older men customers, some of them are perverts."
She responded "That was my Dad!"

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:43 am

Honestly, it sounds like a dad joke that didn't land. In the true spirit of, if you have to explain it, it isn't funny:

He probably knew it was on a loop and was making a self deprecating joke. "Look at me, I'm so dumb I watched a loop for 4 hours thinking it was one long video."
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 am

nibbler wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:43 am
Honestly, it sounds like a dad joke that didn't land. In the true spirit of, if you have to explain it, it isn't funny:

He probably knew it was on a loop and was making a self deprecating joke. "Look at me, I'm so dumb I watched a loop for 4 hours thinking it was one long video."

That's exactly what it was, but the joke ended up being on him anyway because every laughed at the unintentional creeper mentality instead of the "I just wasted 4 hours watching it"

That being said, my FIL really is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's a nice guy but definitely did his part to offset everyone else with IQ scores above 110. On top of it, he spends most of his days watching TV and playing on the Ipad playing candy crushing jewels (whatever). Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he actually did watch it for 4 hours. Definitely within the realm of possibilities for him.