The healing power of crystals!!

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
FiveFingerMnemonic

The healing power of crystals!!

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Amazingly, the Julie Rowe energy healing sham is still alive and well from a FB post titled "the healing energy of crystals":
Do you believe the earth was created for our benefit? I am going to be doing a webinar today at 1:30 pm with a scientist who is Christian that can prove that the great flood happened. His research of 27 years is off the charts, mind-boggling and amazing. This will be a free webinar open to all and will be mind-boggling to anyone who has ever had concerns with current Science education. Watch by clicking on this link:

https://zoom.us/j/976527831

You are interested in following that...? Let me know below. :) It will also be recorded and posted on my timeline for those that are unable to watch it live. But please know that you can ask questions at the end and you definitely want to be on there!
Apparently one of my fb contacts is interested in the healing energy of crystals. It baffles my mind that this stuff won't die.

URL to this lady's conference website:
http://www.energyhealingconference.com/

wtfluff

Re: The healing power of crystals!!

Post by wtfluff » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Magic rocks you say? :twisted:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Bonus points for probably-long-debunked flood geology.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Oh boy....ironically for me, when my X left the church years ago and my kids followed, she got into the crystals BS. I guess the COB will have a harder time killing this if it trends with the local, given they unvaulted the JS magic brown rock, er, I mean seer stone.

I was in a rock shop in SLC last year when a lady was asking the shop owner if she could take one of the crystals out in the sun for a minute. When the lady came back in she was acting dramatic and said something about the crystal being too powerful for her and she had to go and lay out. Overwhelmed by the spirit, as a TBM would say. So how would a TBM talk to that crystal lady? "Oh, I'm sorry poor sister but you are just being deceived by Satan. You see, the real spirit of God is in our chapels and super VIP temples."

Crystals, temples, chips shaped like the virgin Mary, volcanoes, statues, peyote, whatever...
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Lady_Macbeth

Post by Lady_Macbeth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 am

Not only do I know Tammy... all too well... spouse is a follower of hers. And Rowe. And Brad Nelson. To say it's exhausting is an understatement.

Not sure if you should take route A or route B home? Pull on your fingers to test.
Have an ear infection? Bad emotions need to be released by magnet over your head.
Is that expired granola bar okay to eat? Yep, fingers didn't release.
Sore neck? Sore back? Bad headache? Tummy ache? Get out those bad emotions, dammit.
Does your sick child need to see a doctor? Not if your fingers don't hold together. Just act as proxy to get those bad emotions out!

I just... can't.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 am

Lady_Macbeth wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 am
Not only do I know Tammy... all too well... spouse is a follower of hers. And Rowe. And Brad Nelson. To say it's exhausting is an understatement.

Not sure if you should take route A or route B home? Pull on your fingers to test.
Have an ear infection? Bad emotions need to be released by magnet over your head.
Sore neck? Sore back? Bad headache? Tummy ache? Get out those bad emotions, dammit.
Does your sick child need to see a doctor? Not if your fingers don't hold together. Just act as proxy to get those bad emotions out!

I just... can't.
Wow! Humans keep falling for this quackery. Secret knowledge that somehow science has missed.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Guys we need to start a healing crystals MLM!

We need to do it now before some enterprising 70 gives a talk about seer stones in conference and then launches his own healing crystals MLM!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm

MoPag wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

We need to do it now before some enterprising 70 gives a talk about seer stones in conference and then launches his own healing crystals MLM!
I don't expect LDS leadership to talk about seer stones because this would bring up more uncomfortable questions than they already are struggling with.

However, I would not mind seeing the sweet, sweet profits from a healing crystal MLM. One of my favorite science podcast is The Skeptics Guide to the Universe. They have a similar joke MLM idea that they bring up. Take a homeopathic solution and freeze it. Sell the results as Homeopops! It's the cool, refreshing treat that will cure whatever ails you through the power of the placebo effect! (Actual healing not guaranteed. Results not evaluated by the FDA. For entertainment purposes only)

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 am

MoPag wrote:

Bro! I'm in! I've got local rocks I've collected that could sell for quite a bit, given the right spin. Selenite gypsum crystals from the northern end of The Great Salt Lake and small polished geode seer stones from the central west desert that light up with your phone's led (I had lunch with Grant Palmer once and gave him one).
This sample from the web is pretty small, most of mine are twice that size.

Also, I came across this link:
https://www.cardiomiracle.com/jrowe/

I was really hoping it was something about Nitrous oxide, because that's something I could really get into and enjoy, but it's Nitric Oxide. But hey, there's a diagram there that looks like pretty credible bull crap science!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 am

"I held the crystal up to my plates and learned all about the once prosperous Corelle civilization that came on ships from ancient Taiwan and landed somewhere near the legendary port of San Diego. We know it is true because the ancient letters CA can still be found to this day on many past documents."
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:44 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 am
MoPag wrote:

Bro! I'm in! I've got local rocks I've collected that could sell for quite a bit, given the right spin. Selenite gypsum crystals from the northern end of The Great Salt Lake and small polished geode seer stones from the central west desert that light up with your phone's led (I had lunch with Grant Palmer once and gave him one).
This sample from the web is pretty small, most of mine are twice that size.

Also, I came across this link:
https://www.cardiomiracle.com/jrowe/

I was really hoping it was something about Nitrous oxide, because that's something I could really get into and enjoy, but it's Nitric Oxide. But hey, there's a diagram there that looks like pretty credible bull crap science!
Sweet!.png
Sweet!.png (53.53 KiB) Viewed 9803 times

I had a decent rock collection when I was little. DD recently got into rocks and I pulled my collection out and we have been adding to it. Rocks have never healed me.:lol: But it is nice to have a hobby, especially now that DD is into it too.

I guess we can scoff at healing crystals, but how many of you used magic oil and priesthood power to heal someone?
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Lady_Macbeth wrote:

I just... can't.
This really is no different than the quackery believed by JS and the early believers of magic and the gospel. Here is a link by byu researchers on this healing crockery....

https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/our-rites- ... ouring-oil
~2bizE

Random

Post by Random » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 am
Wow! Humans keep falling for this quackery. Secret knowledge that somehow science has missed.
FFM, for a split second, I thought you wrote: "Wow! Humans brains keep falling out."
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 am
"I held the crystal up to my plates and learned all about the once prosperous Corelle civilization that came on ships from ancient Taiwan and landed somewhere near the legendary port of San Diego. We know it is true because the ancient letters CA can still be found to this day on many past documents."
:lol: :lol:
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

LostMormon

Post by LostMormon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 am

Lady_Macbeth wrote:

I just... can't.
When somebody ask me to "pull their finger", some thing came out alright, but it wasn't bad emotions :?

If I remember right my mother made a special trip with some friends to some crystal cave or something in california, that was supposed to heal all kinds of stuff. She has never been back though, so I am guessing she wasn't too impressed.