hard week at work

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Korihor

hard week at work

Post by Korihor » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:19 am

This week at work has but a hard one. Just a lot going on.

I have a little stash of dark glass bottles in the garage - not hidden at all. It features an orange slice with a mohawk. Each night save one, I'll put one bottle in the fridge, put the kids to bed and then enjoy said bottle while sitting on the couch watching the news before going to bed. It's been nice.
Onc bottle is all I have (OK, sometimes 2) and it helps me calm down and relax a bit more. I fall asleep better. It's almost becoming normal. Mrs Kish doesn't mind, but her preference would be not to have any. That being said, she doesn't look twice and still kisses me. :D
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Corsair

Re: hard week at work

Post by Corsair » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

That is a good bit of evolving normalcy, isn't it? Is there any interest in breaching the coffee barrier at your house? There is no chance of that happening with Mrs. Corsair at this point, but other NOMs have had more success.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Corsair wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am
That is a good bit of evolving normalcy, isn't it? Is there any interest in breaching the coffee barrier at your house? There is no chance of that happening with Mrs. Corsair at this point, but other NOMs have had more success.
I think the coffee machine will be in my office, not the house. I could likely get away with it at home, but that's not where I'd use it much. I just enjoy it at my desk.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

achilles

Post by achilles » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 am

Korihor wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:19 am
I have a little stash of dark glass bottles in the garage - not hidden at all. It features an orange slice with a mohawk. Each night save one, I'll put one bottle in the fridge, put the kids to bed and then enjoy said bottle while sitting on the couch watching the news before going to bed. It's been nice.
Shocking! :o
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan