What is next week's lesson?

Discussions about holding onto your faith and beliefs, whether by staying LDS or by exploring and participating in other churches or faiths. The belief in any higher power (including God, Christ, Buddha, or Jedi) is true in this forum. Be kind to others.
deacon blues

What is next week's lesson?

Post by deacon blues » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:29 am

If I go back to gospel doctrine next Sunday, what lesson will they most likely be on?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

ulmite

Re: What is next week's lesson?

Post by ulmite » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am

https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and ... h?lang=eng
Looks like education or scripture study depending on your teacher.
If your ward is a little behind mine, you get WoW or if you are ahead you get this lesson :
Write the following phrases on the chalkboard:

A pint of cream

A misspelled name

No available seating at the Kirtland Temple dedication

Tell class members that these phrases all have something in common. They are all reasons given by early Church members for their apostasy from the Church.

Explain that today’s lesson discusses how to avoid individual apostasy. These phrases and the stories that go with them will be explained later in the lesson.

Give It Time

Re: What is next week's lesson?

Post by Give It Time » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:34 pm

ulmite wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and ... h?lang=eng
Looks like education or scripture study depending on your teacher.
If your ward is a little behind mine, you get WoW or if you are ahead you get this lesson :
Write the following phrases on the chalkboard:

A pint of cream

A misspelled name

No available seating at the Kirtland Temple dedication

Tell class members that these phrases all have something in common. They are all reasons given by early Church members for their apostasy from the Church.

Explain that today’s lesson discusses how to avoid individual apostasy. These phrases and the stories that go with them will be explained later in the lesson.
This one's mine. We're discussing it on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1681
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

PeterSaB

What is next weeks lesson

Post by PeterSaB » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm

I get your point. Another observation - church members tend to follow more what the leaders do than what they say. ?

Corsair

Re: What is next weeks lesson

Post by Corsair » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:02 am

PeterSaB wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm
I get your point. Another observation - church members tend to follow more what the leaders do than what they say. ?
Maybe that explains the phenomena when one leader starts polygamy, he get a string of people following him.