Introduction to Staying Faithful

Discussions about holding onto your faith and beliefs, whether by staying LDS or by exploring and participating in other churches or faiths. The belief in any higher power (including God, Christ, Buddha, or Jedi) is true in this forum. Be kind to others.
CaptainSalty
Site Admin

Introduction to Staying Faithful

Post by CaptainSalty » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:42 pm

No one ever said that a faith transition was easy. If it was, the entire planet would have already transitioned to one true religion. The "Staying Faithful" forum is intended to be more heavily moderated where the faithful spouses in the "Mixed Faith Relationships" forum can show up and not be bombarded with jokes featuring quoted lines from the temple ceremony. This is not to say that the LDS correlation committee will be moderating. But I would be gratified to see faithful Mormons and faithful Christians discuss how to deal with the mouthy unbelievers in their lives. I would welcome having fans of the religious ideas of Richard Bushman, Tyrell Givens, and Patrick Mason show up in this forum. It's not necessarily a place for debate. It's a place to support a testimony that wants to end up in a spiritual place even while acknowledging that others may come to a different conclusion.

A New Name

Re: Introduction to Staying Faithful

Post by A New Name » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:58 am

Or you can just post at StayLDS, our step sister forum that is for people that want to stay in the church but have questions.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:43 pm

This is a great! I think it is easy to forget what it was like at the beginning of our FTs. It's such a scary, emotional time. And some people just need a safe place to take baby steps.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:15 am

What does it say about us, the church, and our situations in general when there are three threads in "Staying Faithful" and 78 in "Support". :shock:

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:56 pm

azflyer wrote:What does it say about us, the church, and our situations in general when there are three threads in "Staying Faithful" and 78 in "Support". :shock:
It means we're lazy, offended, and want to sin. /s
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 am

azflyer wrote:What does it say about us, the church, and our situations in general when there are three threads in "Staying Faithful" and 78 in "Support". :shock:
I think it says the original definition of this thread was so narrow that not many people related to it. I am happy (and honored) that our most-inspired Mods and Admins decided to expand the theme a bit to open the doorway a bit wider.
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:28 am

Silver Girl wrote:
I think it says the original definition of this thread was so narrow that not many people related to it. I am happy (and honored) that our most-inspired Mods and Admins decided to expand the theme a bit to open the doorway a bit wider.
I hope it also means that people who want to retain a more mainstream Christian world view can also post here. Joining Catholicism, Judaism, or some unaffiliated Christian congregation is a perfectly reasonable path forward after you reevaluate your faith and beliefs. The goal is to find the place where you can be authentic and find some measure of personal fulfillment. I have a cousin who left the LDS church with her husband and they happily attend a basic Christian church near their house. I"m really happy for them as well as a bit jealous that this married couple and their children are all pointed in the same general direction.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:40 am

I'm a bit jealous too. Nothing would be better than sitting through a three hour Star Wars movie on a Sunday afternoon with the wife and kids. Ok, maybe a cherry coke and the biggest bucket of popcorn to go with it would make it better.

#FamilyUnity
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:38 pm

LSOF wrote:
It means we're lazy, offended, and want to sin. /s
Is that the "confused" emoticon? I didn't mean to imply that we're lazy and want to sin. I just found the difference to be quite striking and thought I'd point it out.

I more meant to imply that many people need 'support' because these challenges we all have are pretty difficult. ;)