What Sunday School class am I in?

Discussions about holding onto your faith and beliefs, whether by staying LDS or by exploring and participating in other churches or faiths. The belief in any higher power (including God, Christ, Buddha, or Jedi) is true in this forum. Be kind to others.
crossmyheart

What Sunday School class am I in?

Post by crossmyheart » Mon May 28, 2018 5:54 am

Went to church yesterday with my husband and kids because he wanted to attend. I sat with him in gospel doctrine class and again noted that my name was not on the roster but his was. So I looked my name up in the LDS tools app and saw that I am assigned to a class called "Teaching the gospel". I looked it up in LDS.org but didn't find a definition. What is this class? It isn't gospel principals because that was listed separately in the ward Sunday School list of classes.

Curious because I have never been active in this ward and have never held a calling. We have lived here for 4 years and my name has never been on the gospel doctrine roster but I just now looked into it because: bored.

nibbler

Re: What Sunday School class am I in?

Post by nibbler » Mon May 28, 2018 6:55 am

Teaching in the Savior's Way?

It's a class meant to train people to become better lecturers... I mean teachers.

Usually it's a class for people that are already teachers in some capacity, like PH/RS instructor, Primary instructor, etc.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

FoundMyOwnWay

Post by FoundMyOwnWay » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:06 am

nibbler is right, it is a class meant for people currently holding teaching callings. My ward only has it once or twice a month. BTW it has been an emotional cry fest for some of the more devoted teachers each of the two times I have gone.

Random

Post by Random » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:24 pm

crossmyheart wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:54 am
Went to church yesterday with my husband and kids because he wanted to attend. I sat with him in gospel doctrine class and again noted that my name was not on the roster but his was. So I looked my name up in the LDS tools app and saw that I am assigned to a class called "Teaching the gospel". I looked it up in LDS.org but didn't find a definition. What is this class? It isn't gospel principals because that was listed separately in the ward Sunday School list of classes.

Curious because I have never been active in this ward and have never held a calling. We have lived here for 4 years and my name has never been on the gospel doctrine roster but I just now looked into it because: bored.
It's strange they would have you in a teachers' training class (like others said, that's what it is) when you have never been active in the ward and don't hold a teaching position.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK