Comrades, it is wrong to criticize Chairman…

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Post Reply
User avatar
deacon blues
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:37 am

Comrades, it is wrong to criticize Chairman…

Post by deacon blues »

I was studying history this evening and I couldn’t help it when the thought above popped into my head: “Comrades, it is wrong to criticize Chairman “Beloved Leader” even if the criticism is true. In fairness no Mormon leader has ever even approached the harm caused by some Dictators in history, but the principle seems worthy of mention. Am I wrong?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.
stuck
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Comrades, it is wrong to criticize Chairman…

Post by stuck »

I agree. Our country is in a better position to criticize those at the top, whereas the church seems to be less so unfortunately.
User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 2502
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Comrades, it is wrong to criticize Chairman…

Post by 2bizE »

While our church leaders are not out to gain world power, much good can come when an organization requests and accepts criticism and uses it to improve. I think the LDS leaders are so insulated from criticism, they have lost their way of the realities of regular members of the church.
~2bizE
Post Reply