Introducing our new moderators

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Introducing our new moderators

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 am

I posted this on the other thread but thought it deserves it's own in case people don't want to read through that long post. On that note I'd like to introduce the new moderators.

The first level of moderation is the 170+ people who have signed up. Yes, that's you! Be respectful, be kind, and ask yourself "what would Jesus post if he had internet access?"

The second level of moderation (if needed) will be a group effort from the new moderating team. This team of highly respected internet strangers, tapir riders, and all around wonderful people include:

Hagoth
Achilles
AllieOop
TrophyWife26.2

They have been thoroughly vetted by the Disaffected Mormon Background Inspection Unit and are relieved that the black vans outside their homes have left the neighborhood. In order to complete the due diligence process, we have prayed about it and received the confirmation of the Holy Ghost, Xenu, and Captain Picard. We are anxiously awaiting response from Pamela Anderson but won't reveal who has been praying to her.

Finally, Corsair and I have decided not to be moderators as we both believe it's in our best interest to allow the new NOM to run independently of our self interests.

We will update everyone when we hear from Pam.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

MoPag

Re: Introducing our new moderators

Post by MoPag » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:18 am

I support and sustain you all! Excellent choices.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:20 am

High praises to Red Ryder and Corsair for making all of this happen.

I don't know the first thing about moderating but as far as I'm concerned it should be about as intrusive as feather dusting. I doubt any significant moderation will be required outside of lowering the expectations of the odd troublemaker who tends to show up on rare occasions for reasons other than this forum's intended purposes (I'm sure all of you can think of one or two examples from NOM 1.0).
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:22 am

Let's see how long it takes them to do their new job.

Shiz

Update - looks like about 22 minutes.
Last edited by Korihor on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

slk

Post by slk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:24 pm

Thanks to the old moderators and congrats to the new ones! And thanks again for NOM 2.0

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Has the vote been noted?
ashowofhands.jpg
ashowofhands.jpg (181.9 KiB) Viewed 8108 times
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Hagoth wrote:High praises to Red Ryder and Corsair for making all of this happen.

I don't know the first thing about moderating but as far as I'm concerned it should be about as intrusive as feather dusting. I doubt any significant moderation will be required outside of lowering the expectations of the odd troublemaker who tends to show up on rare occasions for reasons other than this forum's intended purposes.
I am in full agreement with Hagoth (as in, "I don't know the first thing about moderating" :lol: )

But seriously, I also think very highly of Red Ryder and Corsair. They have worked very hard to bring our beloved forum back online and I thank them.

I also have great respect for the other moderators, although I do not know any of them very well yet. I just know them from their past posts on here and have always enjoyed their contributions.

We are here to serve you and want to do all we can to make this forum a safe place where people can come and openly discuss. We also want you to feel you can always contact one of us or give feedback.

I'm just thrilled that we already have so many members and I hope that many more familiar faces (or at least names...ha!) will find us, along with many new members who come here searching for help and support.
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Awesome! Thanks to all of you for making this little corner of the web a reality.

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Hand raised to the square here!

Great choices - and I echo the gratitude expressed by all to Corsair, Red Ryder and all others who helped raise NOM from the dead. It took longer than three days, but it's been well worth the wait.

:)
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

CaptainSalty
Site Admin

Post by CaptainSalty » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Korihor wrote:Let's see how long it takes them to do their new job.

Shiz
I commend the fast reflexes of Achilles to moderate a malcontent and kindly but firmly tell him to not use naughty language.

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Great choices! Thanks for all the past moderators have done! You are awesome.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Well, Well, I see we have new moderators here, patterned after the old ones. Here, you need to have a bite of this fruit, it is delicious to the taste and will make you wise.
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Zadok wrote:Well, Well, I see we have new moderators here, patterned after the old ones. Here, you need to have a bite of this fruit, it is delicious to the taste and will make you wise.
Zadok, do you not know which moderators these are?

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:59 pm

I know thee now... Thou art Korihor, maker of the new NOM.
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 pm

Now is the great day of my power. I reign from the forums to the ends of the internet. There is none who dares to moderate or make adjustments.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:18 pm

What hast thou been doing here?
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

Alas2.0

Post by Alas2.0 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Aw...... retirement! You know, you can love your job, but still love retirement more.

I like the choices for new moderators and give them my full support and condolences.......no, I mean congratulations.

trophywife26.2

Post by trophywife26.2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Hopefully we can live up to all of your expectations, but I'm sure there will be some drama at some point along the way.

Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Alas2.0 wrote:Aw...... retirement! You know, you can love your job, but still love retirement more.

I like the choices for new moderators and give them my full support and condolences.......no, I mean congratulations.
Thanks Alas :)

You know that I'd put my vote in for you to continue as a moderator and I appreciate so much all the many hours you spent on the original board helping make it such a great home for so many. I'm happy you'll still be here (and hope you enjoy your retirement)!
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:36 pm

I can support this.
~2bizE