Happy Birthday Jesus!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Not Buying It

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Post by Not Buying It » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:56 am

Hey everybody, it's Jesus' birthday (April 6)! At least that is what I was always taught based on a ridiculously literal reading of D&C 20:1 as quoted below:
1 The rise of the Church of Christ in these last days, being one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh, it being regularly organized and established agreeable to the laws of our country, by the will and commandments of God, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April—
Anybody else ever taught this?
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

mossy back

Re: Happy Birthday Jesus!

Post by mossy back » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 am

Oh yes!! I am glad that someone else has heard this. I mostly get blank stares when I mention this interpretation to other believing or unbelieving members. Is it a generational thing?

Enoch Witty

Post by Enoch Witty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:33 am

I have definitely been taught that April 6 is Jesus's real birthday, but I had no idea where it came from. I honestly assumed, like I assumed so often while being raised Mormon, that it was a typical belief and not peculiar to Mormons. Wrong again...

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 am

Ya I was taught this. Looking at the scripture, it looks similar to verses from the bom, it's as if the same person wrote it.

Happy birthday Jesus, you should take a day off. It's has to be a full time job helping mormons find their lost objects.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:48 am

In my former life, I always believed in this teaching although like so many other things, I never did any due diligence to see if it made any sense.

Interestingly, when touring the archaeological site at Tulum, Mexico a few years ago we were told by the guide (who's name was Nephi I believe...... go figure) that on April 6th the sun shines through a hole in the most holy room and hits directly on a special place in that room. He described the three rooms as if they were the three rooms in the temple ceremony. At the time I was so happy for "actual evidence" of the truthfulness of the BOM and the temple.

Anyways, Happy Birthday Jesus, just in case it's all real. ;)
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 am

Happy Birthday (Mormon) Jesus!

🎼 ♫ ♫ ♫ Happy birthday to you; You live in a ... ♫ ♫ ♫
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:59 am

Thank you my followers.
Behold, I am the son of God.

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am

Jesus wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:59 am
Thank you my followers.
Jesus,

Since your here, and your taking a break from helping mormons find lost keys.

I have a quick question.. :D

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 am

Jesus wrote:
Thank you my followers.
HOORAY!!!

It's Mormon Jesus AMA time folks.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Jesus wrote:
Thank you my followers.
Holy Holy Holy. This must be the only true and living website!

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Jesus,
What are God the Father and the Holy Ghosts birth dates?
~2bizE

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm

20/20hind wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am
Ask and ye shall receive.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm

2bizE wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm
Jesus,
Behold, it is not a date the mortal mind can comprehend. For the Father is without time and without years. The most recent time it was celebrated from on high, it was the 16th of Nisan, in 850th Winter after the creation.

The Archangel Michael has no birthdate. For he is only a spirit. However, he shall be born in the millennium.

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Jesus wrote:
20/20hind wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am
Ask and ye shall receive.
Under what parameters do you make the decision to answer a prayer or not grant it.

2nd is the blessing of a sick child by a priesthood holder carry more influence than, lets say a devout Catholic mother praying over her sick child.

If it does. Explain.

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Jesus wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm
2bizE wrote:
Jesus,
Behold, it is not a date the mortal mind can comprehend. For the Father is without time and without years. The most recent time it was celebrated from on high, it was the 16th of Nisan, in 850th Winter after the creation.

The Archangel Michael has no birthdate. For he is only a spirit. However, he shall be born in the millennium.
Thank you Jesus for your response

alas

Post by alas » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:54 pm

No Tof wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:48 am
In my former life, I always believed in this teaching although like so many other things, I never did any due diligence to see if it made any sense.

Interestingly, when touring the archaeological site at Tulum, Mexico a few years ago we were told by the guide (who's name was Nephi I believe...... go figure) that on April 6th the sun shines through a hole in the most holy room and hits directly on a special place in that room. He described the three rooms as if they were the three rooms in the temple ceremony. At the time I was so happy for "actual evidence" of the truthfulness of the BOM and the temple.

Anyways, Happy Birthday Jesus, just in case it's all real. ;)
Were you on a BoM tour, cause our tour guide at Tulum said nothing of the sort. Well, maybe if the equinox falls on April 6.... Nope never happens. The sun shines through a hole on the spring and fall equinox and hits the special spot. Repeat after me, "Equinox". Your tour guide was LDS and making up crap to confirm your testimony. Our tour guide had some bad words about the LDS tours and how they falsify what they tell Mormon tourists about the very pagan religion. Someone asked a question, and he went off in his broken English on one angry rant. We did not admit to being Mormon.

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Yep. I was also taught that The Jebus was born April 6.
Not only that but he was supposed to come back on April 6 to destroy 99.999% of the world's population for not being Mormon.
That won't happen until at least 2018 because I saw a rainbow a few days ago.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Alas. For sure he was an LDS guide. Who else would we chose to show us around. Wouldn't want to get any fresh ideas ;)

Just goes to show that cog bias can make for a good business.
Funny aside: the whole LDS guiding group at the time was a family Petlacalco. Twelve in the family all with BOM names. Bet they are still doing it.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi