Moderators, hosting, and other admin

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Mayan Elephant

Re: Moderators, hosting, and other admin

Post by Mayan Elephant » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Alas,

Do 2 and 8 contradict?

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Red Ryder wrote:This team of highly respected internet strangers, tapir riders, and all around wonderful people include:

Hagoth
Achilles
AllieOop
TrophyWife26.2
Sounds like a good group.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Alas2.0

Post by Alas2.0 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Mayan Elephant wrote:Alas,

Do 2 and 8 contradict?
No, actually they are almost redundant considering what was allowed to happen. Let's see if I can explain... Boards do evolve, and to a certain extent it should be allowed. While I was on, before I moderated, I saw it swing from ridiculing anyone who expressed any belief in God, to allowing people to believe whatever they wanted, swing from more anger to less anger and back to more anger. That was all good, until some people wanted to prevent those swings. They wanted it locked in as more angry or they wanted it locked in as banning any anger. So, rather than demand that 100 other posters adjust to your personal desires, perhaps you as in individual is the problem. Cwald recognized at one point he was too angry and voluntarily went elsewhere, even though I don't believe he was ever told to. So, if you find yourself odd man out as an individual, rather than try to force things to change "back to how they used to be" or "sheesh, the 4 moderators all need to loosen up" Then maybe as odd man out, you should move to a less heavily moderated board, or a more heavily moderated board, a more accepting of faith, or more agnostic.

alas

Post by alas » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:20 pm

I have my identity back. Yippy. Thanks admin for the help.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:49 am

moksha wrote:
Red Ryder wrote:This team of highly respected internet strangers, tapir riders, and all around wonderful people include:

Hagoth
Sounds like a good group.
You can tell that Hagoth has a head on his shoulders. Otherwise, he would be the Headless Tapirman. ;)

Sorry, too close to Halloween to resist.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:06 pm

moksha wrote:You can tell that Hagoth has a head on his shoulders. Otherwise, he would be the Headless Tapirman. ;)

Sorry, too close to Halloween to resist.
You should talk... you have no shoulders at all.
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?

Mayan Elephant

Post by Mayan Elephant » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:03 am

Alas2.0 wrote:Deleted, as it was stuff from the old board.
Deleted?

Good god, Alas.

Just let it ride. Why does everything have to be so damn tidy all the time? This ain't the damn LDS Church.

River Morgan

Post by River Morgan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:56 pm

Such an interesting discussion! Huge huzzahs to Trophy for her "gender roles" post!

And yes, CrazyH, in my experience (mod of five forums, only one church related) in order to get three volunteer mods active on a given night you have to have at least six people with the magic wand authority.

And I see we have already had a verbal slap at someone based on prior history. But there IS no prior history. So I must have imagined it.

And last but not least, the three point buck is back in the yard again. Nature is lovely.

River
Every time you can find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy