Gateway Mall Lunch Possible Resurection

Announcements of real world meet ups with fellow NOMs, events such as Sunstone or other conferences, and any other bulletin board like notices.
clean sweep

Gateway Mall Lunch Possible Resurection

Post by clean sweep » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:16 am

I have talked with Hermey and WtFluff. It seems that the lucky Thirteen Group does not seem to work very well and that the old Gateway Lunch Group timeframe would be better for a meet up. Hermey suggests Taqueria 27 would be a good place to meet on 149 E 200 S or Fluff suggested we put ourselves in the mouth of the beast and do the City Creek food court which has a large variety of food and a large area for sitting that is not usually full, with no large groups of school kids. If there are any of that old group who would like to do this please reply and cast your vote as to which place you would prefer. I will keep an eye on this for the next week or so and then work to set up a time. The Gateway food court no longer exists so this would be the options I have at this point. Other places to meet would be entertained as well. :)
The organization and constant onward sweep of this movement exemplifies the resentment of the many toward the selfishness, greed and the neglect of the few. John L. Lewis

Hermey

Re: Gateway Mall Lunch Possible Resurection

Post by Hermey » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 am

sounds good.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 am

Taqueria 27 is the bomb! Best tacos in SLC and lots of good beverage choices. If you guys ever want to do lunch, I work just a block from there.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:14 pm

clean sweep wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:16 am
or Fluff suggested we put ourselves in the mouth of the beast and do the City Creek food court which has a large variety of food and a large area for sitting that is not usually full, with no large groups of school kids.
Did I really say that? :o Oh well. We've all contributed to the building of that beast in some way, why not take advantage of it?

And as others have mentioned: There are many, many options that are not food courts. We could even do an establishment similar to Lucky 13 around lunch time, ya know?

I'm in, depending on daily schedules.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Lucky 13 is good, just really hard to get into unless you show up at 11am. I really like Avenues Proper over by the Hospital and Twist is a cool pub with great food. A great Asian Fusion place is Pleiku, over on Main. The Bayou is always good.

I don't mind the Creek, but it's pretty boring there.

Just give me a date and place and I'll be there. I'm free most days 1130-1.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

clean sweep

Post by clean sweep » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 am

So yesterday I went to T27 to try it out and check how the crowd was. The food was good as has been stated. Libations were also sufficient for our needs. I left T27 at about 11:50. At that point there was still enough space to have been able to sit a group of 8-10. An unusually large group of about 25 came in at 11:30. There was plenty of on street parking available although it was all meter parking the usual downtown charge. It is walkable from the Main Street area. I walked there from the courthouse train station for my afternoon walk.

Therefore, I propose we meet at 11:45-12:00 at Taqueria 27 on Tuesday April 18th. This is Tax day but I assume lunch on Tax day will not be a problem. If enough people cannot make Tuesday we can switch to Wednesday. I do think that Wednesday will be busier than Tuesday. I put a shout out to those I have seen registered on the current site. FH451, Hagoth, HIPS, DP Roberts, Greatteam, it would be good to see any or all of the old Gateway group. Rubin and Fivefinger all new blood is welcome.

The address is contained in the first post. I would appreciate it if I had an RSVP from those who can come so that I can get there and get us a table. Please post your assenting vote. Fluff I did take some poetic license with your suggestion of City Creek. Particularly the jaws of the beast thing. Follow up post to finalize on Monday Morning next week. As always your brother in apostasy. CS
The organization and constant onward sweep of this movement exemplifies the resentment of the many toward the selfishness, greed and the neglect of the few. John L. Lewis

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 pm

April 18th at T27 - I've penciled this in my Franklin Planner!
--Douglas Adams

clean sweep

Post by clean sweep » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:47 am

At least a party of two Tomorrow. See you there around noon Rubin. I will wait out front. I will be wearing a U of U hat that is black and red.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 am

I have a standing 1:00 on Tuesdays that I have to get back for.

Anyone want to meet a bit earlier?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

clean sweep

Post by clean sweep » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 am

I can be there at 11:30. I am actually very flexible. If Rubin can meet then I will be there at 11:30. Does that work Fluff and Rubin or anyone else?

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:14 am

clean sweep wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 am
I can be there at 11:30. I am actually very flexible. If Rubin can meet then I will be there at 11:30. Does that work Fluff and Rubin or anyone else?
wtfluff wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 am

I can meet earlier Fluff; 1130 early enough? Sweep, meet me at that time if you can, otherwise I'll head in and get a table. I'll be wearing a light blue long sleeve shirt with tan pants; hair is grey and spiked up like Bart Simpson today.
--Douglas Adams

clean sweep

Post by clean sweep » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:14 am
clean sweep wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 am
wtfluff wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 am

I can meet earlier Fluff; 1130 early enough? Sweep, meet me at that time if you can, otherwise I'll head in and get a table. I'll be wearing a light blue long sleeve shirt with tan pants; hair is grey and spiked up like Bart Simpson today.
I will be there at 11:30 wearing a Utah hat red and black and today a Utah shirt. Between the two of us we should be able to connect.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:27 am

Tacos at 11:30!!!

¡¡¡ Andale Andale Arriba Arriba !!!

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

--Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 am

Shout out to Fluff and Mr. Clean for the great lunch chat-n-chew. Looking forward to the next one.

http://taqueria27.com/menu/

That Wasatch T27 Lager is perfect with those delicious tacos!

Here's a new one from Wasatch that I really like:
--Douglas Adams

clean sweep

Post by clean sweep » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:08 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 am
Shout out to Fluff and Mr. Clean for the great lunch chat-n-chew. Looking forward to the next one.

http://taqueria27.com/menu/

That Wasatch T27 Lager is perfect with those delicious tacos!

Here's a new one from Wasatch that I really like:
And so it was. I fully enjoyed and will be setting up another in 3-4 weeks. Thanks RH for your treating us other two to the extras.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 am
SHOUTING right back. Great food, great company...

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

clean sweep

Post by clean sweep » Thu May 04, 2017 4:53 am

Proposing a meet up for next week. Either Tuesday or Wednesday at 11:30 or there about. Anyone who thinks they would like to come let me know. T27 is the new Gateway Mall food court. :)

achilles

Post by achilles » Thu May 04, 2017 7:01 am

I'd like to come, if everything is OK at home.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan