i just accidentally outed myself...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
sirensong

i just accidentally outed myself...

Post by sirensong » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:35 pm

i thought i was making a post in a closed group on facebook. turns out i was posting on wendy williams montgomery's personal facebook page. i had an initial fear of 'take that down, someone might see it'. that quickly passed and i want to leave it up so that everyone can see it... i guess there's more than one way to come out these days... here's what i wrote...

the policy is what shook me out of my stupor. i couldn't believe what i'd read was really and truly coming from the Savior - at least not the Savior i'd loved and trusted and from the brethren i'd trusted to that point... i prayed and prayed and couldn't reconcile how this was right - i kept hearing keep on praying, which in essence was 'keep on praying till you get the answer we want you to get'... i've been to church twice since the policy. once last december and for the last time in february where i gave the most heartfelt testimony, but this time the most telling things were the words i didn't say. i could no longer say that the church was true, or that the prophet speaks for god or that i thought joseph smith was a prophet. i spoke of the scripture 'jesus wept'... how he weeps for us still... how i wish i would have had the courage to say how he weeps for us because of that damned policy, but i didn't. i came to find out about my stepchild alex when i told my family why i quit going to church - i didn't want them to think i was lazy, but wanted them to know that i was struggling and what i was struggling with - that is when alex had the courage to tell me that he was gender fluid. i will never forget holding alex as they cried and let out all the things they'd been holding back. i don't know that i'll ever return to the church though i have yet to resign. i know i could never go back with that policy in place and i could never go back to blindly believing everything that my 'leaders' said...
and in the end... the love you take is equal to the love you make...
~lennon/mccartney

MoPag

Re: i just accidentally outed myself...

Post by MoPag » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:27 pm

That is a beautiful way to out yourself. Very well written and very heartfelt. I bet there are TBMs who will read that and wish they had to courage to speak up like you did.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:30 pm

If I were to out myself, I would hope I could be as direct and as eloquent as your post siren song. It may reap benefits in the future.
~2bizE

MalcolmVillager

I am not ready

Post by MalcolmVillager » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:12 am

I posted a very clearly worded outing (with all sorts of slanderous details about the COJCOLDS) of myself to what I thought was a friends private FB message but it was to his public wall. Right when I sent it I immediately realized what I had done. My head exploded! Luckiky it was 5 AM and I was able to quickly delete it.

Some day maybe, but not now, and not in that tone!

Deepthinker

Post by Deepthinker » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:10 am

I hope things go well with your family and friends. I loved what you posted, but of course I'm an apostate heathen like you. :)

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:41 am

I thought it was great as well. Hope it all works out and leaves you in a better place.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:31 am

Welcome to the ranks of the outed and proudified. I am glad to call you friend, and proud of you for the stance you've taken.
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:40 am

I think it was well-written and heartfelt. There was no hate in your words. Perfect way to come out!

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:45 am

Your words most certainly did more good than you'll ever know. You and I go back, what, almost 10 years now (at least nine - I was at your bridal shower!) - everyone who has ever met you is impressed with your sincerity and love. In fact, as I recall, that is what attracted Mr. Siren Song to you.

Stay strong, Little Sister! I love you!

:)
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

beetbox

Post by beetbox » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:25 pm

That was beautifully written. I think it's a perfect way to come out and make a stand against a harmful church policy while doing so. I hope at least some of your LDS friends read it.