Potential Relay Station for Kolob

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Potential Relay Station for Kolob

Post by moksha » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:24 am

This really isn't about Mormonism. It is about a new idea presented by researchers at the California Institute of Technology to the annual meeting of planetary scientists of the American Astronomical Society.

They presented new research on the possibility of a gigantic, unseen planet beyond Neptune on Wednesday, saying the hypothetical world may have set the solar system at a tilt.

“Because Planet Nine is so massive and has an orbit tilted compared to the other planets,” said Elizabeth Bailey, the study’s author, “the solar system has no choice but to slowly twist out of alignment.

It is too early to tell if the Orem-based Mormon Interpreter will claim this force is to realign the inhabitants of the sun with the restored gospel. If so, details will surface on the Sic-et-Non-blog.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolog ... r-AAjasqv?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Zadok

Re: Potential Relay Station for Kolob

Post by Zadok » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Well, this explains everything. No wonder there are so many otherwise good and faithful members leaving the church. This evil, heretofore undiscovered planet, is causing the weak among us to lose their bearings and be led slowly down to hell by the cunning temptations of the evil one. Twisting the solar-system as it does has twisted something in our brains causing us to have a crisis of faith and to forget the overwhelming spiritual witnesses we have received.

TLDR; The church is true, get back to church, and bring your check book, you cretin.
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:41 am

Zadok wrote:Twisting the solar-system as it does has twisted something in our brains causing us to have a crisis of faith and to forget the overwhelming spiritual witnesses we have received.
A very astute observation. Perhaps it is like being moon-struck, but with much greater gravitational force. One thing is certain: Due to its massive size and being so cold, it would take the hardiest of missionaries to proselytize on Planet Nine.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:01 am

If it's a relay station for Koloby shouldn't it be receiving its light from Kolob and passing it along? If the planet is unseen it isn't magnifying its calling very well. I bet its HTing numbers suck too.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:38 am

I'm waiting for some Hugh Nibley protege to breathlessly write an article in LDS Living detailing how the ancient Egyptians knew about this heretofore unknown solar system object and how this means the Mormonism is even more true based on this rampant parallelism.

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Corsair wrote: ...how this means the Mormonism is even more true based on this rampant parallelism.
You forgot Chiasmas, that's their so called ace-in-the-hole.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Zadok wrote:
Corsair wrote: ...how this means the Mormonism is even more true based on this rampant parallelism.
You forgot Chiasmas, that's their so called ace-in-the-hole.
Also NHM. It's apparently unbelievable that Joseph Smith could have come up with that name on his own; therefore, a resurrected ancient American Christian Jew appeared to him and led him to a golden book, which he then proceeded to translate using a magic rock in a hat.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:22 pm

More proof about the Fullness of the Moon:

The full Moon of November 14th is not only the closest full Moon of 2016 but also the closest full Moon to date in the 21st century. The full Moon won't come this close to Earth again until November 25, 2034. The last time the full Moon was this close to Earth was in 1948.

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54789/clo ... index.html
-- Moksha

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:28 pm

moksha wrote:More proof about the Fullness of the Moon:

The full Moon of November 14th is not only the closest full Moon of 2016 but also the closest full Moon to date in the 21st century. The full Moon won't come this close to Earth again until November 25, 2034. The last time the full Moon was this close to Earth was in 1948.
We should all be prepared for the massive influx of Quakers jumping ship that night and trying to land here on Earth.