Politics Post - Evan McMullin

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
MoPag

Re: Politics Post - Evan McMullin

Post by MoPag » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Deepthinker wrote:
Silver Girl wrote:The two-party system needs to be nuked, big time. The electoral system needs to be overhauled. I am so fed up with this campaign season, and I am genuinely concerned about what could happen after the election - no matter what the results.
I feel the same way, which is why I've tried to avoid politics this year. I need the Colbert Report back, it was my therapy. Its just not the same with him doing the Late Show.

I miss both Colbert and Jon Stewart too. :cry:

South Park has been my therapy this election season. Matt and Trey are freaking geniuses.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:42 pm

If Trump wins, I call dibs on Tonto National Forest once Cruz resurrects his bill to sell off the national forests. Get off my lake, you rotten kids! Okay, not my lake per se, but all access points are mine! Bwuuuuhaaahaahaa.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 pm

This election seems a no-brainer for whites with less than a high school education.

At around 8:45 PM it looks like Trump is winning.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:26 pm

moksha wrote:This election seems a no-brainer for whites with less than a high school education.

At around 8:45 PM it looks like Trump is winning.
This is the most fun I've ever had watching TV - pundits are losing their minds
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:18 am

BrainSaveUs.jpg
BrainSaveUs.jpg (120.58 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 am

I logged into Facebook a few moments ago anticipating weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. But a sidebar announcement reads:
SUGGESTED GROUPS: Team Evan McMullin
2 friends · 21,685 members
Breaking news for Team Evan McMullin: It's over. Feel free to organize for 2020, but that's a long way off and it will be the choice of an incumbent Trump versus a Democrat. This will likely be a repeat of the Sophie's Choice election that we just experienced from the point of view of Moderates and 2012 Romney supporters. 2024 is your next big chance outside of an actual civil war.

And no, I'm not going to join "Team Evan McMullin" just to drink in their tears of tragedy this fine Wednesday morning. It is, however, deeply ironic seeing McMullin supporters joining my Hillary-voting friends in their distraught state. It will be high drama with my family this coming Thanksgiving.