What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
No Tof

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by No Tof » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Discovered Jack Danials Fireball........ could be trouble. Goes down real easy.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:55 pm

No Tof wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:43 pm
If you like Fireball and you like cider you should try an Angry Balls:

1.5 oz Fireball
12 oz Angry Orchard

Combine over ice in a pint glass (or other good sized glass that'll allow a good amount of ice).
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm

HighMaintenance wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 pm
Sorry for the useless quote; But..

Aren't you a Cuba Libre fan HMM? I've recently discovered this awesome refreshment. (With spiced rum of course...)

Big Thumbs Up!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Dravin wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:55 pm
No Tof wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:43 pm
If you like Fireball and you like cider you should try an Angry Balls:

1.5 oz Fireball
12 oz Angry Orchard

Combine over ice in a pint glass (or other good sized glass that'll allow a good amount of ice).
Thanks Dravin,
Might be my favourite Christmas present this year. :lol:
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Monster Energy Drink
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:33 am

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm
HighMaintenance wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 pm
Sorry for the useless quote; But..

Aren't you a Cuba Libre fan HMM? I've recently discovered this awesome refreshment. (With spiced rum of course...)

Big Thumbs Up!
Oh yes! :D

Glad you like them!

Try the Cherry Vanilla Pepsi as the mixer, too. That's an awesome combination.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

cwald

Post by cwald » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:53 pm

PBR
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:49 pm

cwald wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:53 pm
PBR
Hooray!

A fly-by from my favorite alien!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 am

I notice a few TBM cousins over the holidays sneaking a cup of coffee down at the hotel breakfast buffet and adding a packet of hot chocolate to it... and that's just what I did with this mornings cup o Joe. Topped it off with a squirt of whipping cream. Wow! I'm enjoying this cup of hot delicious evil brew right now! And to think as a TBM I could have been doing this all along and no one would have guessed my "hot chocolate" was laced with coffee! Yum!
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 pm

The waiter said to try it neat. I suggested on the rocks but finally tried the Yucatan favorite Xtabentun straight up.

Pretty sweet, smells strong but the anise flavour is pretty smooth.

Next time I’ll follow my own still small voice and go with a couple ice cubes.

The owners of the Airbnb left a few beer in the fridge. Feedback to come.
Rumi

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:58 pm

I bought a SodaStream for my daughter (read: both of us) for Christmas since my go-to drink is rum & coke and she likes vodka & zero cal fruit flavored club soda. We've saved so much money (and recycling bin space) vs canned mixers! I highly recommend it if you find yourself in similar drinking situations.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:15 am

8 O'Clock Hazelnut flavored coffee. I kinda grabbed it on a whim since it was on sale but I have to say I am enjoying the hazelnut element.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:11 am

A Hayman's Sloe Gin and Tonic. Honestly I think my next go round will just be over ice with a wedge of lime, tonic need not apply.

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Diet Mountain Dew
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Mike's Hard Blackberry Pear Lemonade

Simply amazing!

On a side note, we're hosting a party tonight, so I've been smoking a brisket, home -pickled pastrami, pork ribs and a side of salmon over pecan, apple, and mesquite. OMG!

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:38 pm

400 conejos artisanal mescal turned out to be a pretty nice surprise in our recent mayan adventure.
Rumi

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm

HighMaintenance wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Simply amazing!

On a side note, we're hosting a party tonight, so I've been smoking a brisket, home -pickled pastrami, pork ribs and a side of salmon over pecan, apple, and mesquite. OMG!
OK, while I'm not going to say your Mike's isn't good, I'm simply not a fan of Mike's. But that's not my point, I'm glad you like it so much. Mike's was a good entry in adult beverages for me, but the sweetness was too much. I really just like beer now, but I'm still struggling with the really hoppy/bitter stuff like IPA's. I like just regular wheat beer and lagers. Mrs Misbehaved likes Mike's, but she seems to lean to Redd's.

Now, my real question - what are you smoking with? I have a GMG pellet smoker and I love it. Are you old school or new school? What do you like and why? Please share your pickled pastrami recipe, sounds amazing!

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:26 am

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm
HighMaintenance wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Simply amazing!

OK, while I'm not going to say your Mike's isn't good, I'm simply not a fan of Mike's. But that's not my point, I'm glad you like it so much. Mike's was a good entry in adult beverages for me, but the sweetness was too much. I really just like beer now, but I'm still struggling with the really hoppy/bitter stuff like IPA's. I like just regular wheat beer and lagers. Mrs Misbehaved likes Mike's, but she seems to lean to Redd's.

Now, my real question - what are you smoking with? I have a GMG pellet smoker and I love it. Are you old school or new school? What do you like and why? Please share your pickled pastrami recipe, sounds amazing!
We're old school. We have a 19 year old Oklahoma Joe smoker. It has to be babysat and is hard to regulate, but it is seasoned so well I can't imagine the day we have to replace it. We use mesquite and pecan because we have those trees in our yard. I like apple for some things. Cherry is interesting.

Here's the recipe I use for making the pastrami. I add cardamom to the pickling spice recipe that is shown and, of course, roll the meat in coarse black pepper for smoking.

http://ruhlman.com/2010/03/corned-beef- ... -your-own/

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:50 pm

No Tof wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:38 pm
400 conejos artisanal mescal turned out to be a pretty nice surprise in our recent Mayan adventure.
Wonder how that would go with peyote buttons or the Mexican insanity pepper?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Uncle Val's Peppered Gin. The botanicals in it are black pepper, roasted red pepper, pimento, and juniper. Not your typical gin by any means and I'm not sure it would work in a Gin and Tonic but I think it would be perfect for a Red Snapper (Bloody Mary using gin instead of vodka).