In which I lose my best friend

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
hmb

Re: In which I lose my best friend

Post by hmb » Thu May 17, 2018 6:01 pm

alas wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 pm
Can you imagine Jesus pitching a fit and then never speaking to someone again over a difference in religious opinion? But "good Christians" yup, they will shun you like you have leprosy.
Just remember, it's fear. They are afraid of really finding out. Satan is a good red herring. I think we were all there at some point, on some level. I really do feel for TBM's. I'm also jealous of TBM's having the belief I once had. At the same time, I'm enjoying life much more. Sigh...

Geocacher

Re: In which I lose my best friend

Post by Geocacher » Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 am

This really hurts big time, and this is one of the biggest reasons, for me being on this forum board, in the first place. To break any one of the Ten Commandments, is something that people may help others, to recover/repent from, but to go against the Church ( the religion), is akin to "Denying the Holy Spirit". This is very hard to grasp, why people are doing this, instead of helping one another, unconditionally(to a greater point). With the history of the Salt Lake(Utah area), being as bad as it was, you would think that the area is ripe for ghost hunting. Member shunning, has been a big problem of the Jehovah's Witnesses also. THIS IS A BIG OUCH.