12 year old interview

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
slavereeno

12 year old interview

Post by slavereeno » Fri May 18, 2018 2:42 pm

DW gave our 12 year old DD the option to join her in her bishop interview. DD asked DW to be in the interview with her and so it was! This made me happy. :)

Bremguy

Re: 12 year old interview

Post by Bremguy » Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Very good for you folks.

I bet it made the interview a lot less intimidating for your DD, having a support system in place.

Also, for the most part, what can as 12 year old girl say, that would get her in trouble in the church ?
Live Long and Prosper

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Sat May 19, 2018 10:07 pm

Bremguy wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm
Also, for the most part, what can as 12 year old girl say, that would get her in trouble in the church ?
Yeah I thought the same thing. I guess the one question she had was about affiliating or associating with groups that were against the church. DD has a good friend who's a member of another faith and that Faith isn't particularly amicable toward Mormons. So DD worried that she couldn't answer that question correctly. I thought that was interesting.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 am

I imagine a bishop would be on his most appropriate behavior when he realized a parent would be savvy enough to scrutinize what he asked.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Bremguy

Post by Bremguy » Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 am

slavereeno wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:07 pm
Bremguy wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm
Yeah I thought the same thing. I guess the one question she had was about affiliating or associating with groups that were against the church.
Is she a Democrat ? Or a Liberal? :lol:
Live Long and Prosper