Success is possible

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
wtfluff

Re: Success is possible

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am

Cadahangel wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:53 am
wtfluff wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:13 pm
Cadahangel wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm
Honestly, I was probably overgeneralizing I don't care about those who don't believe. That is fine its comments like have you investigated Islam to see if you can find spiritual experiences. It discounts my own experiences and I don't think the attack is needed it reminds me of FAIRs Ad hominem Attacks. you telling your story is not an issue for me.
FYI: Overgeneralizing discounts other people's experiences.
Hence the apology Fluff. Can't help but comment on everything huh? I get being skeptical, but you need to learn to live and let live or you are being just as controlling as the Q15
I don't see where you apologized for overgeneralizing. You simply stated that you were "probably overgeneralizing".

Can you help me understand how a simple question about Islam was an attack on your beliefs? How did a simple question about Islam discount your experiences? Was I somehow "controlling you" by asking how much you have investigated Islam?

Your overgeneralizing about "lot of people lose faith in it all when they leave Mormonism" is really no different than a believing mormon telling you what your reasons are for losing faith in mormonism.

"Live and let live" include you not telling other people's story.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:16 am

alas wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:39 am

I decided that I don't like Christianity because it focuses so much on making everything better---for the sinner. And it just seems to abandon the sinned against as worse than the sinner if they don't forgive, while not helping with healing or protection from being harmed by further sins by the same sinner, so, it is just Mercy robbing the sinned against of any kind of justice. We will make sure *God* gets justice but having Christ pay for sins, but you poor suckers have to suck it up and forgive. No, give me a God who tortures the guilty for eternity and protects children from monsters, or don't bother with any kind of God.
This post brought me back to some very dark days... my patriarchal blessing says I was "tested at a young age" ... and that I would continue to be "tested" my entire life... I failed both of these tests, because I am not a forgiving victim - I ended the first test with an abortion - killing my own child. I ended the second and subsequent tests with a hatred towards G-d for using torture as a test. I have now come to know a little more of that disease, the history of the abusers - they have their own hell. I do not hate them, I just hate that little bit of nature, that bit of the natural man now.

...And when Amulek saw the pains of the women and children who were consuming in the fire, he also was pained; and he said unto Alma: How can we witness this awful scene? Therefore let us stretch forth our hands, and exercise the power of God which is in us, and save them from the flames. But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand;...

↑↑ that is some messed up stuff right there...

I have had spiritual experiences - I do not think death is the end, but I have no idea what lies beyond the veil... If G-d is not loving and just, I do not want to spend eternity with him. ... before he died, my grandfather rather yelled that he loved Jesus, but NOT G-d - NOT G-d - in his view G-d was a monster, but Jesus was ok...

I hear you.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cadahangel

Post by Cadahangel » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:26 am

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am
Cadahangel wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:53 am
wtfluff wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:13 pm

FYI: Overgeneralizing discounts other people's experiences.
Hence the apology Fluff. Can't help but comment on everything huh? I get being skeptical, but you need to learn to live and let live or you are being just as controlling as the Q15
I don't see where you apologized for overgeneralizing. You simply stated that you were "probably overgeneralizing".

Can you help me understand how a simple question about Islam was an attack on your beliefs? How did a simple question about Islam discount your experiences? Was I somehow "controlling you" by asking how much you have investigated Islam?

Your overgeneralizing about "lot of people lose faith in it all when they leave Mormonism" is really no different than a believing mormon telling you what your reasons are for losing faith in mormonism.

"Live and let live" include you not telling other people's story.
Fine if I need to make it clearer for all I apologize to those who I have offended. My point is this is the support board and my post was to help those in those mixed Faith situations realize there can be light at the end of the tunnel this is not the doctrinal discussion board nor did it need to turn into a debate

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Congrats to you !!! I do envy you as I am still waiting on my spouse who is TBM but I had a small positive step today we enrolled our 6 year old granddaughter into a week long Bible study at an Assembly of God church . A small but positive step as a year ago this would not have happened !!!

Cadahangel

Post by Cadahangel » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Mackman wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 pm
Congrats to you !!! I do envy you as I am still waiting on my spouse who is TBM but I had a small positive step today we enrolled our 6 year old granddaughter into a week long Bible study at an Assembly of God church . A small but positive step as a year ago this would not have happened !!!
That's a great step congrats

foolmeonce

Post by foolmeonce » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:45 am

Cadahangel wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:24 am
I post here a post of home for those who are waiting for their DH/DW to see the light. Last night my wife told me "Hey I have made my decision" *my heart sinks* We have been here before and had to be a mixed faith marriage. She then proceeds "The Transition will be hard, but I have decided to follow you and become Christian. It will just take me time."

My soul lept for Joy. So don't give up just love them and know eventually this has taken 5 years they too will find their way to the truth.
This is great news! I love hearing success stories of both spouses deciding to get out! This is a huge moment for your family as you step out into the unknown! Paths from this point vary greatly and I like others will enjoy hearing about which of the multitude of paths you will end up taking and why. But save that for other threads.

For now, I raise my non-WOW approved glass to you and your family! TO CADAHANGEL!!
Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.