Can someone catch me up please?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
sundancegt

Can someone catch me up please?

Post by sundancegt » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:10 pm

NOM is alive??? Holy Shit! What magic is this.....
Can someone please give me a reality check? How much history was saved, who from the old space is around?
Can anyone even remember what my old avitar looked like??? NOM IS ALIVE!!!

Chad? you here? Dave? Nom?
HOLY HELL!!! NOM IS ALIVE!! My 1st Saturday is going to be as epic as my 2nd Saturday this weekend.
Nom... My old friend... I've missed you, mourned you, wished you were alive.... AND YOU LIVE!!!!

History? Please? Someone?

Mackman

Re: Can someone catch me up please?

Post by Mackman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Most of us are here a few have not made it over from the old board, I am Jack from the old board. So glad you found us many of the frequent users are still participating like, corsair, redryder , Mohawks, some others I am not a frequent flyer anymore but hang out here once in a while. Glad you are here my NOM. Brother.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 pm

sundancegt wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:10 pm
Can someone please give me a reality check? How much history was saved, who from the old space is around?
Only the little bits and pieces that folks saved on archive.org remain from NOM 1.0. When Thayne gave up, he GAVE UP! It seems the plug was pulled, and nothing was saved.

Quite a few folks made it over from the other board, many did not. Some of us have become more cantankerous and ornery. (Me...)

It's good to see your typing. Looking forward to hearing what's going on in your life at this juncture if you'd like to update us.
sundancegt wrote:
Can anyone even remember what my old avitar looked like??? NOM IS ALIVE!!
I have an inkling of your old online face, I'm sure I'd recognize it, definitely remember your "name".
sundancegt wrote:
Chad? you here? Dave? Nom?
The alien visits once in a very long while, but feels he really doesn't fit. I miss him, i wish he'd come share his mild barley drink knowledge more often. Dave? Nom? Dunno. Hopefully if they're around they'll raise a hand (to the square?)
sundancegt wrote:
History? Please? Someone?
When NOM 1.0 went "Poof" a few of us hung around on Reddit and mormondiscussions as refugees for a while, and kept in touch a bit that way. Someone noticed that newordermormon.net was available and purchased it, and a few smart web-type-folks got things rolling here at NOM 2.0. I'll let them volunteer their identities...

Welcome back. :geek:

(Everyone else feel free to fill in the holes left out in my "answers"...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

sundancegt

Post by sundancegt » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Well, I found my avatar from the old days. Doesn't really apply to me now as it did then.
I'll work on an current intro.

Thanks for the update. How long has the board been back alive?

I'll reach out to Chad or give him a call. I've not seen him for about a year but I need to fix that soon.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 am

Welcome back GT!

I feel like you need a space between your name and a S or something.

The board went down almost 2years ago and then finally disappeared August or sept 2016. Hagoth and Corsair are the first resurrected beings who appeared to me when I knelt down in a grove of trees and asked which board I should join. They told me not to join any other board for they were going to restore the one true board. And here we are minus the .org.

Welcome back.

PS. Cwald still pops in over at the Mormon discussion board from time to time.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:37 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 am
The board went down almost 2years ago and then finally disappeared August or sept 2016. Hagoth and Corsair are the first resurrected beings who appeared to me when I knelt down in a grove of trees and asked which board I should join. They told me not to join any other board for they were going to restore the one true board. And here we are minus the .org.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Dude, that's not how you told it the first time. You said it was just Corsair surrounded by scripts and glory, whatever that means, and that he forgave you for hanging out on mormondialogue.org.

You need to be careful so you don't give people a faithless crisis.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Reuben wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:16 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Dude, that's not how you told it the first time. You said it was just Corsair surrounded by scripts and glory, whatever that means, and that he forgave you for hanging out on mormondialogue.org.

And what about Capn' Salty???
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 pm
Reuben wrote:
Red Ryder wrote:

Each version of this vision of the creation of NOM was created for different audiences. Red Ryder also reported that it was simply Captain Salty who appeared to him, but many NOMs might call him "Corsair" instead of Captain Salty. The confusion was obviously why a restoration was needed.

FreeFallin

Post by FreeFallin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:12 am

Great to see you sundance. Welcome home. :)

shadow

Post by shadow » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:25 am

Corsair wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 pm
Reuben wrote:

Each version of this vision of the creation of NOM was created for different audiences. Red Ryder also reported that it was simply Captain Salty who appeared to him, but many NOMs might call him "Corsair" instead of Captain Salty. The confusion was obviously why a restoration was needed.
It took a long time before I received this further light and knowledge.
"Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creates to the feast of Creation." --Wendell Berry

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:31 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Welcome back GT!

I feel like you need a space between your name and a S or something.

Welcome back.

PS. Cwald still pops in over at the Mormon discussion board from time to time.
This cracks me up. :lol:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 am

This incarnation of NOM seems to be relatively drama free. It is nice.

Sad to hear none of the old archives survived. Some of my best rants were in the old "Angst" forum.
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Wow, it's great to see that familiar avatar! Welcome back to the Extraspecial Kingdom.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:19 am

Glad another prodigal NOM lost sheep had returned to the fold!

I can't remember what I left on the old board vs the new; just have to let the past go and move on I guess.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

A New Name

Post by A New Name » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Yup, I remember that weird head/tape Avatar!

cwald

Post by cwald » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Hey.

I kind of miss old NOM.

But, I do seem to be a little more productive and get a lot more s*** done now that I'm not over here visiting with all you a holes all day and night. Good times.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Of course we remember you. Welcome back!
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

cwald

Post by cwald » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:16 pm

sundancegt wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:20 pm
Well, I found my avatar from the old days. Doesn't really apply to me now as it did then.
I'll work on an current intro.

Thanks for the update. How long has the board been back alive?

I'll reach out to Chad or give him a call. I've not seen him for about a year but I need to fix that soon.
Hey. Just checked in. It's been awhile. I posted in misc beer thread last night.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Corsair wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm
Red Ryder also reported that it was simply Captain Salty who appeared to him, but many NOMs might call him "Corsair" instead of Captain Salty.
Names transform during the fullness of time. Captain Salty was from the original Nomic tongue, whereas "Corsair" seems to be Reformed East Hoboken.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha