Friend Near e

Announcements of real world meet ups with fellow NOMs, events such as Sunstone or other conferences, and any other bulletin board like notices.
Margarita

Friend Near e

Post by Margarita » Sat May 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Is there anyone here that can meet up in Logan..(Cache Valley) or even in Brigham City?? Let me know!! I would love to meet all of you!! :)

slavereeno

Re: Friend Near e

Post by slavereeno » Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 am

I used to live in Tremonton, but that was many years ago...

whatififly

Post by whatififly » Thu May 24, 2018 9:53 pm

I wish I could. I'm a bit farther south, in Centerville. If you ever head this way I would love to meet!
“There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky, and you ask "What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” ― Erin Hanson

Proud Doubter of Dubious Doctrines

Cadahangel

Post by Cadahangel » Fri May 25, 2018 7:53 am

Wish I am in Orem right in the heart of BYU country

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 am

You're up in John Dehlin's party of the country. Surely there are people near you enjoying their own faith transition. I actually recommend Mormon Spectrum. They list at least 4 groups around Logan and Cache Valley.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue May 29, 2018 11:56 am

Where's e? :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Have you tried mormonspectrum, or are you just interested in meeting folks from "NOM"?

There's a pretty active group who meets in Davis County if that's not too far to travel...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Tue May 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Corsair wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 am
You're up in John Dehlin's party of the country. Surely there are people near you enjoying their own faith transition. I actually recommend Mormon Spectrum. They list at least 4 groups around Logan and Cache Valley.
Not anymore. He's moved down here to Salt Lake.

alas

Post by alas » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am

In the summer, I am at Bear Lake, just into Idaho.

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Ah, come on guys... you cant just replace nom people with other “faith transition” people.

I’m a bit jealous. East Coast baby.... no one from nom out here. But on the other side of that coin, you guys are probably jealous because the number of active members is far fewer. Don’t be though, I’m near the Capitol.. plenty of crazies to fill all those spots haha.

Dont give up Margarita! Haha
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

IT_Veteran

Post by IT_Veteran » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:21 am

Lithium Sunset wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:55 pm
Ah, come on guys... you cant just replace nom people with other “faith transition” people.

I’m a bit jealous. East Coast baby.... no one from nom out here. But on the other side of that coin, you guys are probably jealous because the number of active members is far fewer. Don’t be though, I’m near the Capitol.. plenty of crazies to fill all those spots haha.

Dont give up Margarita! Haha
DW and I drove through rural VA 6 weeks ago and fell in love with it. The low number of Mormons and people that don’t know us was a huge plus.

whatififly

Post by whatififly » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:06 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 pm
Have you tried mormonspectrum, or are you just interested in meeting folks from "NOM"?

There's a pretty active group who meets in Davis County if that's not too far to travel...
I haven't heard of the group that meets in Davis County. Where can I get more info on this?
“There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky, and you ask "What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” ― Erin Hanson

Proud Doubter of Dubious Doctrines

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:10 am

whatififly wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:06 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 pm

I haven't heard of the group that meets in Davis County. Where can I get more info on this?
The last mention of the Davis County Meetup:
Davis County Meetup. Sunday May 6, 2:30p MDT: Layton, casual meetup at Layton Commons Park, 437 N Wasatch Dr

With the arrival of some lovely weather, we are meeting in the park again. The park is located across the street from Layton High School. We meet near the playground that is just south of the amphitheater. We just bring our own lawn chairs and form a circle in the shade. This is kid friendly, so if you have hesitated coming because of the kids, this can work for you.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:26 pm

IT_Veteran wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:21 am
DW and I drove through rural VA 6 weeks ago and fell in love with it. The low number of Mormons and people that don’t know us was a huge plus.
Haha, I bet. VA is beautiful. Many beautiful waterfalls too.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

achilles

Post by achilles » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:30 pm

alas wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am
Are there any raspberries this year?
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

alas

Post by alas » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 am

achilles wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:30 pm
alas wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am
Are there any raspberries this year?
It might be too early to tell. Raspberries days is the weekend starting the 2 of August, and that is kind of peak season, and they don't start getting ripe until mid July. I don't personally know anyone who raises them, so I don't know the latest news raspberry wise. Our neighborhood is weekend cabin people mostly. But if there is a year for a poor crop or a late crop, it is probably this year. It has been unseasonably cool. Last year much of the crop went to waste because they couldn't get people to pick. So, "small" crop because they couldn't hire workers.

But they freeze enough for good shakes year round.

alas

Post by alas » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:41 am

Actually, there is a stand up selling raspberries already. Just saw it a few hours after I wrote that it is probably too early for them.

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 am

whatififly wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:53 pm
I wish I could. I'm a bit farther south, in Centerville. If you ever head this way I would love to meet!
There are a group of us NOMies who meet up for a hike in Centerville every couple of months.

achilles

Post by achilles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Hey margarita, I'd love to meet you. I'm in Logan all the time, and pass through Brigham every day.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan