Infinity War

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Mad Jax

Infinity War

Post by Mad Jax » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:08 am

Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

Corsair

Re: Infinity War

Post by Corsair » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 am

Yes, I also enjoyed it very much. It was nice to see Marvel not pull any punches.

Linked

Post by Linked » Wed May 02, 2018 12:28 pm

I had no idea what I was walking into there. I was...surprised.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 am

I really liked it too. My sons and I had a lot to talk about after the movie. My youngest could see where Thanos was coming from and my older son kept talking about how economy works and what if too many farmers etc were gone.
Anyone play Thanos on Fortnite haha? My youngest could get him almost ever time. Too bad they didn’t keep it very long.
Marvel really has quite a knack for adding in humor. I haven’t seen Black Panther yet.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri May 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Lithium Sunset wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 am
I haven’t seen Black Panther yet.
Good news, President Trump has never suggested banning immigrants from Wakanda. If challenged, Trump might even try to point out Wakanda on a map - although his finger is starting to point to Eastern Europe.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:11 pm
Lithium Sunset wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 am
I haven’t seen Black Panther yet.
Good news, President Trump has never suggested banning immigrants from Wakanda. If challenged, Trump might even try to point out Wakanda on a map - although his finger is starting to point to Eastern Europe.
If you lived in Wakanda, would you leave it to go to any other country in the world? It's kind of a utopia. And not some vapid idea of what "utopia" means from some 35 year old professional student. I mean it's a pretty kick ass place with awesome tech and a great sense of fun.

Might be some good deals on real estate there after this movie. ;)
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 pm

I just saw Antman and the Wasp. It is a lot of fun and far more comedic than Black Panther or Infinity War. It takes place before Infinity War and I highly recommend it for Marvel fans. But you have to stay through the very end of the credits to see a tiny bit more of how Infinity War affected other parts of the Marvel Universe...
Last edited by Corsair on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 am

BriansThoughtMirror

Post by BriansThoughtMirror » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm

I really liked it, too! It was as if there was a God, and he was evil (at least by my puny human standards, if not by his own- whatever God commands is right, right?). Crazy story!
Reflections From Brian's Brain
https://briansthoughtmirror.wordpress.com/