Christine Blasey Ford's Court of Love

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
achilles

Christine Blasey Ford's Court of Love

Post by achilles » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:14 pm

I realize this is political, but I think it's fascinating how many parallels there are between what happens to women in courts of love and what is going to happen to Brett Kavanaugh's accuser on Monday:

A handful of middle-aged men will be asking pointed personal questions about a sexual assault to a woman about whom they have already made up their minds. And the man involved is their dude...

And Brother Orrin Hatch gushes about how wonderful Brett Kavanaugh is!
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

MoPag

Re: Christine Blasey Ford's Court of Love

Post by MoPag » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 am

Yep, you nailed it. And the whole thing makes me sick.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:40 am

Blashyrkh wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:49 pm
I thought this was a forum dedicated to the LDS Church etc and not a forum for political garbage.
This is the miscellaneous board. We can talk about anything we want here.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Blashyrkh wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:49 pm
Really? There are so many holes in this womans story that I am surprised that anyone still believes it. Why did she come forth with these accusations when this guy was appointed to lower courts years ago? I thought this was a forum dedicated to the LDS Church etc and not a forum for political garbage. Just because some of us don't believe in the church anymore doesn't mean that we have all adopted leftist views. We disagree with how the church ostracizes those who don't believe hook line and sinker. The left is the same way today. "Join us and believe as we believe or we will destroy you."
Not coming forward is more common than coming forward. Indeed her behavior in this is quite normal. It has nothing to do with ones political views how people tend to keep this quiet.

Odd that you think her reaction is about left and right politics.