Stake Moved My Records

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Grace2Daisy

Stake Moved My Records

Post by Grace2Daisy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:15 pm

I've been in four bishoprics and served on the HC for 14 years under four Stake Presidents. My DW has hit for the cycle being a PP, YWP, RSP and SRSP. So it would be an understatement to say we know how things in a stake works.

We asked to be released from our callings three years ago and stopped attending. We moved to a neighboring stake, not because of the church, simply because we liked the house. I had some roof cleaning done on my new house and hired the stake clerk of the old ward to clean it. Everything was cool and a few weeks later I go onto LDS.org to see where our records are. Sure enough they were in the new stake, with our new address.

Six months go by and we've had no contact, which we are also cool with understanding the new ministering program. At the same time (even though we are fine with not being contacted) we are chuckling about the slackers in the new ward not contacting us. So, another few months go by and just for fun I check our records again on LDS.org and to my surprise they have been sent back to the old stake, specifically to my grown son's address. He says no one has contacted him. There they sit.

Being part of the stake for so many years I'm curious as to if this is some new program or process? I'm wondering why the ward would ship the records back to the old stake even though our records had our new address and phone number? The old SP and BP knew our stance regarding the church, and I never got a chance to tell anyone in the new ward. Seems a bit odd.
"What is truth?" retorted Pilate. John 18:38

Hermey

Re: Stake Moved My Records

Post by Hermey » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:56 pm

#TenderMercies :lol:

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Don't records just stay housed in the local ward level now? It used to be salt lake had an unknown address file that they worked to push records out of. Now they sit locally and make the ward track people down. So maybe your records were moved to your new house but some poor priesthood dude couldn't get ahold of you so they pushed them back to your old ward.

Some wards and bishops like a clean list while others are ok with slackers like you living goeth in their domain.

Leadership roulette.

Congrats on becoming invisible!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Grace2Daisy

Post by Grace2Daisy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:31 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 pm
while others are ok with slackers like you living goeth in their domain.
And damn proud of it. That being said, they moved the records and never made an attempt to contact us! Not that I'm complaining, and we are quite happy about it, but what slackers they are!
"What is truth?" retorted Pilate. John 18:38