Church okay with medical pot?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Sheamus Moore

Church okay with medical pot?

Post by Sheamus Moore » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:20 am

Wasn't the Church against all things "Pot"?

https://www.kivitv.com/news/mormon-chur ... na-in-utah

RubinHighlander

Re: Church okay with medical pot?

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 am

This is an interesting turn of events. They've been fighting the prop. Now it looks like they worked out a way to let the prop pass, then they will use their cronies on the salty hill to modify it to a satisfaction. I guarantee this is about control and tax revenue for the state. They will mod the prop to the point it will be very very limited in what is available and will likely give big pharma the ability to eventually control the supply.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:44 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 am
This is an interesting turn of events. They've been fighting the prop. Now it looks like they worked out a way to let the prop pass, then they will use their cronies on the salty hill to modify it to a satisfaction. I guarantee this is about control and tax revenue for the state. They will mod the prop to the point it will be very very limited in what is available and will likely give big pharma the ability to eventually control the supply.
No, they want Prop. 2 to fail, and then they want to control what happens with the "legislator's compromise," since LDS-Inc. owns most of those legislators.

They had the chance to do this during the last session, and they shot it down. Now that with what seems to look like public backlash with their stance on Prop.2, they're back-tracking.

#NotaTheocracy (My a$$...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:03 pm

I can't help but think what Wfluff said was accurate. This does seem like a diversionary tactic to prevent Proposition #2 from being passed in Utah.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha