FARMS back at it again

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
MalcolmVillager

FARMS back at it again

Post by MalcolmVillager » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 pm

I saw this on another site. Too good to not share here. Talk amongst yourselves!

https://runtu.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/ ... arms-says/

Corsair

Re: FARMS back at it again

Post by Corsair » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:31 pm

This is funny, at least to us. Would a group of faithful apologists sitting amongst themselves also think this is funny? I'm not trying to spare their feelings, I honestly wonder if they can laugh at themselves. I would certainly hope that I can laugh at my basic beliefs as well.

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:41 pm

I would hope they could but it may be too close to home or soon for them.

Although on previous FARMS guy who was on the old 1.0 and has since had a change of heart, probably wold live it.

fh451

Post by fh451 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Yes, that is some classic funny stuff! Runtu (aka, John Williams) used to be a regular around here, but he's long since moved on.

fh451

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:00 am

Corsair wrote:Would a group of faithful apologists sitting amongst themselves also think this is funny?
Faithful apologists don't think, regardless whether they are sitting among themselves or alone. After all, the thinking has been done for them.
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:48 am

Zadok wrote:Faithful apologists don't think, regardless whether they are sitting among themselves or alone. After all, the thinking has been done for them.
Voltaire probably didn't say this, but the aphorism still applies: "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise." I like to extend it to "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to laugh at."

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:22 am

That website Runtu's Rincon is a treasure chest of funniness and informative writing.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha