Thanksgiving prayer

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
FiveFingerMnemonic

Thanksgiving prayer

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 am

We pray in thanksgiving for thy bounteous information age.
Yeah, even the internet which allows us to dispel our flawed epistemology, our paranoid eschatology, and our tribal dogmatic exclusivity.
We pray for those souls who are stuck in an infinite loop of indoctrination, may they someday be freed from the ideological chains of darkness that surround them.
May they be unburdened of the unconscious mental judgements which so perversely dominate their thought patterns concerning those loved ones around them.

Amen

Linked

Re: Thanksgiving prayer

Post by Linked » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:55 am

Amen
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Corsair

Re: Thanksgiving prayer

Post by Corsair » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:28 am

That's a great prayer and a great sentiment. But painful repercussions would result if expressed in a prayer or possibly just conversation. I had a family member warn the family about reading the "Saints" book if we did not already have a strong testimony. Other family members thought that "Saints" was a great book, but I started wondering if they were simply looking around and see the reaction of others to public knowledge of plural marriage. Should we be bothered by it? Should we simply be assured that it was A-OK because Joseph was good with it?

I can only imagine the institutional arm twisting that the church put itself through to get "Saints" published. FiveFingerMnemonic's prayer is now unintentionally needed by members wondering where the new orthodox narrative will finally land.