Music Composition

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Just This Guy

Music Composition

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:49 pm

My DS is musically inclined. I'm looking at Christmas ideas and toying with getting him a MIDI system.

I have a MicroKORG synthesizer and I can get a MIDI interface easily enough. The question is what software is out that that is good for MIDI and music composition? DS is going on 11 years old, if that helps.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Thoughtful

Re: Music Composition

Post by Thoughtful » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:30 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:49 pm
My DS is musically inclined. I'm looking at Christmas ideas and toying with getting him a MIDI system.

I have a MicroKORG synthesizer and I can get a MIDI interface easily enough. The question is what software is out that that is good for MIDI and music composition? DS is going on 11 years old, if that helps.
I've been out of this for too long to know. Maybe call the college music department and ask them?