Thank you Bill!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
græy

Thank you Bill!

Post by græy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 am

Tonight is Bill's night.

His podcast was the safe zone for me after I read the essays and realized all was not well in Zion. It confirmed that I was not the only one who was aware of the discrepancies. While my wife actively refuses to listen to any more of his podcasts (she only made it through the first 50 or so) it did serve as a jumping off point for communication between us.

A large part of my sanity today is largely due to his efforts, his willingness to share TRUTH despite the consequences, his ability to find a reason for some amount of faith despite the entire church claiming that you have none. I needed that.

I feel more secure on my own now. I have my own authority and I am aware of that power that I hold. My family does not understand. My wife does not understand. But I am not alone.

Thank you Bill. Good luck tonight!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Hagoth

Re: Thank you Bill!

Post by Hagoth » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:47 am

Amen!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:39 am

Yup. Me too.
Hope he feels our support and doesn't take it too seriously.
Last edited by No Tof on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Bill has certainly helped me. He seems like a sensitive man. I hope he can process this appropriately. It's hard.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:05 am

Bill and RFM/Consiglieri are my favorite source for help in navigating the weird stuff in the Mormon/L.D.S. world view. Keep the faith in reality Bros. :D
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Bill has been a great inspiration to me. He is honest, bold, yet sympathetic and kind. The church doesn’t deserve him anyway.
~2bizE

Arcturus

Post by Arcturus » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:24 pm

græy wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 am
His podcast was the safe zone for me after I read the essays and realized all was not well in Zion. It confirmed that I was not the only one who was aware of the discrepancies...

A large part of my sanity today is largely due to his efforts, his willingness to share TRUTH despite the consequences, his ability to find a reason for some amount of faith despite the entire church claiming that you have none. I needed that.
Same for me! Bill is awesome.

I hope his podcast gets more traction - I think he's a fantastic host when he brings people on and spurs excellent conversation, in contrast to some other podcast hosts who often don't seem to pay attention to their guest.
“How valuable is a faith that is dependent on the maintenance of ignorance? If faith can only thrive in the absence of the knowledge of its origins, history, and competing theological concepts, then what is it we really have to hold on to?”
D Brisbin

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:20 pm

I like that he uses the phrase "Bring em' Young" and doesn't use the phrase "I'm super excited" while constantly interrupting the guests to lead them to a given conclusion like another interviewer.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Someone on another plane of the internet also mentioned Bill's wife standing with him in support.

So let's thank Mrs. Reel also while we're at it.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...