Famous Potato Bowl and BYU

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

Famous Potato Bowl and BYU

Post by moksha » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 am

The Famous Potato Bowl of Boise will have the Western Michigan Broncos of the Mid American Conference facing off against the Brigham Young Cougars representing the Church of Jesus Christ (The Saints). BYU has recorded a moral victory in every game played since the Brigham Young Academy first squared off against Provo High School. They will be recording another moral victory at the Famous Potato Bowl as well.

Kickoff will be on December 21st at 2 PM MST.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Corsair

Re: Famous Potato Bowl and BYU

Post by Corsair » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 am
The Famous Potato Bowl of Boise will have the Western Michigan Broncos of the Mid American Conference facing off against the Brigham Young Cougars representing the Church of Jesus Christ (The Saints). BYU has recorded a moral victory in every game played since the Brigham Young Academy first squared off against Provo High School. They will be recording another moral victory at the Famous Potato Bowl as well.

Kickoff will be on December 21st at 2 PM MST.
Tha's a glorious way to put it, Moksha. BYU will continue to pile up so many moral victories in the coming years as their dwindling pool of temple recommend worthy athletes decides to experience the moral defeat of game victories in secular institutions. They will endure the sorrow of the penitent as they head into professional sports leagues crying over their moral loss with their unshaven faces living in housing not approved by any church. I hope they taste their moral failure via tears dripping into their coffee.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

The more important question is how are potatoes best baked?
Oven in tin foil
Oven not in foil
Instant Pot
~2bizE

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am

I will say that DW got an Instapot for Christmas last year. I use it pretty regularly to make mashed potatoes. Just chop them up, add some water and put them in and hit a button. 15 minutes later they are ready to drain and mash.

Also useful for rice. Now that I am on day shift and usually get home before DW, I usually make dinner. The Instapot gets used about once a week.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Flaming Meaux

Post by Flaming Meaux » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:12 pm

2bizE wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am
Oven in tin foil
Oven not in foil
Instant Pot
Wash them, dry them, rub some butter on the outside, salt, and then bank in oven not in foil.

After baking, halve, scoop out the potato, and then put butter and sour cream in the baked skin. I guess you can eat the potato too if you are still hungry.

Note: I'd only recommend this for russet potatoes.
"The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." -- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm wondering if there is a misunderstanding as to which type of Potato Bowl in which BYU will be appearing? However, contemplating the team covered with butter and sour cream does sound intriguing.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:06 am

BYU succeeded in showing they were the world's truest Potato Bowl team.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:58 am

While the University of Utah would never put forth the proposition that they are God's football team, they never-the-less will be concluding their 125th year of football against Northwestern tonight in this year's Holiday Bowl in San Diego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQIFWMM_EA

Watch on Fox Sports Network 1.
-- Moksha

John G.

Post by John G. » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:52 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am
I will say that DW got an Instapot for Christmas last year. I use it pretty regularly to make mashed potatoes. Just chop them up, add some water and put them in and hit a button. 15 minutes later they are ready to drain and mash.

Also useful for rice. Now that I am on day shift and usually get home before DW, I usually make dinner. The Instapot gets used about once a week.
We got an Instant Pot last Christmas too. We use it alot, but haven’t heard about using it make mashed potatoes. I will try! Thanks!
"If your children are taught untruths on evolution in the public schools or even in our Church schools, provide them with a copy of President Joseph Fielding Smith's excellent rebuttal in his book Man, His Origin and Destiny."

Ezra Taft Benson

John G.

Post by John G. » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:54 pm

2bizE wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am
Oven in tin foil
Oven not in foil
Instant Pot
If you don’t use tin foil the skin is usually too tough to really eat. The restaurant I worked at didn’t use tin foil, but would load up the potates with cheese and butter. (True story: Thomas S Monson came in and ate at this restaurant where I was a cook at back in the 90’s when he was in there 1st Presidency. All the TBM waiters and waitresses were very impressed! Almost everyone who worked there was either TBM or inactive).
"If your children are taught untruths on evolution in the public schools or even in our Church schools, provide them with a copy of President Joseph Fielding Smith's excellent rebuttal in his book Man, His Origin and Destiny."

Ezra Taft Benson