Tips on wearing garments with your bra.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Tips on wearing garments with your bra.

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:57 pm

This subject came up in passing today at lunch with a few of us Nommies and since we have a "support" forum it's probably best dropped here.

According to my wife, I'm not entitled to an opinion on women's garments because first, I'm a man, and second because I don't wear garments anymore. So I'll take note and not say anything since I can't say anything nice.

What I found interesting in this article and related comments is the mental gymnastics performed by the ladies who felt wearing a bra UNDER garments was considered NOT keeping their covenants.

I also find it completely fascinating that the church can take 19th century underwear that deep down everyone truly hates wearing and complains about and redesign it so that it fits, and then suddenly it's the greatest thing ever! Yes, Cotton Stretch saves the day and suddenly the ladies don't revolt!

Read the comments. Totally fascinating and captures just how deep into the psyche the church is to maintain control.

http://www.brafittingsbycourt.com/blog- ... h-your-bra
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Thoughtful

Re: Tips on wearing garments with your bra.

Post by Thoughtful » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:57 pm
This subject came up in passing today at lunch with a few of us Nommies and since we have a "support" forum it's probably best dropped here.

According to my wife, I'm not entitled to an opinion on women's garments because first, I'm a man, and second because I don't wear garments anymore. So I'll take note and not say anything since I can't say anything nice.

What I found interesting in this article and related comments is the mental gymnastics performed by the ladies who felt wearing a bra UNDER garments was considered NOT keeping their covenants.

I also find it completely fascinating that the church can take 19th century underwear that deep down everyone truly hates wearing and complains about and redesign it so that it fits, and then suddenly it's the greatest thing ever! Yes, Cotton Stretch saves the day and suddenly the ladies don't revolt!

Read the comments. Totally fascinating and captures just how deep into the psyche the church is to maintain control.

http://www.brafittingsbycourt.com/blog- ... h-your-bra
There's a thread about this in a FB post mo group too. The church is gaslighting women now, claiming they never insisted it has to be under. Despite them definitely insisting when I went through.

It's a crappy choice, horribly fitting bra that can't do its job over vs marks showing through.

I regret ever falling for that BS and years wasted not being comfortable or fashionable.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:34 pm

My wife wears it over the garments. It's a hideous fashion choice, but it is what it is... it's goofy and ridiculous like the church.

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:00 pm

I was told by the temple matron that I could wear it under (gasp!) more than 20 years ago, but lots of my same-age peers were not told that. All I can say is that I'm glad I no longer believe anyone else has input into my undergarment choices.

Last year, my dad (also no ex-mo) was visiting, and we needed to get some new underwear for my youngest kid because my parents were taking the kids on a trip with them. He told youngest kid to take his time picking out his faves because everyone deserves to wear underwear they like. It's hard to imagine that would have be a heretical thought to both of us a decade ago. ;)

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:38 pm

I couldn’t finish it. There are just some Mormon women who have such a juvenile writing style/voice it’s painful. Hers is one of those for me.

I was told by mom, aunts and temple matron that the garment had to be next to my skin. I hated the bottoms almost from the beginning and was never very good about wearing them. It was one of the first things to go when I realized the church was a fraud. My brother still comments when he notices I’m not wearing them. It’s a bizarre religion and garments are one of the weirdest parts.

alas

Post by alas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:03 pm

I was told to wear my bra over, but that is worse and worse the more well endowed you are. I rebelled fairly quickly and was always the only one I knew who dared wear them so as to be comfortable. The temple recommend interview or handbook says that how you wear the garment is between you are God. Ha! Biggest lie ever. Just Try saying in a temple recommend interview that how and when you wear the garment is between you and God. They kinda don’t accept that as a valid answer.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Now that I am mentally out it seems creepy as hell that Mormons are preoccupied with each other's underwear. I have witnessed it many times, brother so and so shouldn't be wearing shorts that short because of his garments. Sister what's-her-bucket stayed in her yoga clothes too long. I personally heard it all the time from family and friends on the Mormon gossip-mobile. I remember even before the faith crisis feeling this was wrong, now it's horrific. Makes me want to run screaming from church with my hands over my head.

græy

Post by græy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:43 am

alas wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:03 pm
The temple recommend interview or handbook says that how you wear the garment is between you are God. Ha! Biggest lie ever. Just Try saying in a temple recommend interview that how and when you wear the garment is between you and God. They kinda don’t accept that as a valid answer.
I always hate that part of the temple recommend interview. It specifically states that you're not allowed to alter or change the garment. You must wear it night and day. You must wear it for all activities even when gardening outside on a hot day. Oh, but it's totally between you and God how you do it. :roll:

For the record, my wife was taught (I think by a temple matron, but almost certainly by her mother as well) to wear her bra over her garments. She used to complain about it a lot. Now she admits she can chose how to wear it, but won't even try the other way. Her newest logic is that the bra on top helps hold the garments in place and keeps them from sliding out from under sleeves.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 am

My wife is similar with over the top wear and comes up with reasons not to wear hers under but also parrots the "between you and god".

I mentioned to her that God told me directly he didn't care what underwear I chose to wear as long as I changed it on a regular basis. :lol:

Then I asked her if Jesus wore garments and she didn't know the answer. I suggested we look at the Christus statue at temple square and the nipple confirmed indeed Jesus did not wear garments.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 am

This kind of reminds me of a thread I came across years ago where LDS people were discussing which sex positions are acceptable unto the Lord. Neither the church nor the scriptures have anything to say about this but some people seemed to know exactly what God wants. The final consensus was that you should only engage in positions that allow you to look each other in the eyes (which didn't make a lot of sense because a lot of people seemed to think you should never do it with the lights on). I had to be a smart-ass and ask if it's ok to use mirrors.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:58 am

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 am
This kind of reminds me of a thread I came across years ago where LDS people were discussing which sex positions are acceptable unto the Lord.
To borrow from Pat Bagly, some people feel that 10 commandments just is not enough.

When we went thought the temple, the Matron told DW that for most condtions, Bras should be worn over the g's. However, there were times where wearing them under neigh was allowable (ie sports, getting it on, etc.) Same with other underwear, it is best worn over garments except when she needed to wear a pad.

She always disliked that and was more than willing to ditch the garments when her shelf crashed. She actually got rid of them faster than I did. She didn't need them for anything and removing them was no loss. I had to buy replacement underwear.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am

græy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:43 am
Now she admits she can chose how to wear it, but won't even try the other way. Her newest logic is that the bra on top helps hold the garments in place and keeps them from sliding out from under sleeves.
I find the contradiction in this statement hilarious. Let's be honest: The biggest reason mormons wear garments is to prove how mormon they are to other mormons. (Blatant virtue signaling.) Yet... Those same mormons go to great lengths (even to the point of making themselves uncofortable 7x24) to hide the very underwear that they want all of their mormon friends to know they wear.

Nope: #notacult

Hagoth wrote:
This kind of reminds me of a thread I came across years ago where LDS people were discussing which sex positions are acceptable unto the Lord. Neither the church nor the scriptures have anything to say about this but some people seemed to know exactly what God wants. The final consensus was that you should only engage in positions that allow you to look each other in the eyes (which didn't make a lot of sense because a lot of people seemed to think you should never do it with the lights on). I had to be a smart-ass and ask if it's ok to use mirrors.
That's it: Hagoth wins NOM for today...

(Mirrors are more than likely a WIN for satan!)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 am

Hagoth wrote:
So I guess oral is ok because you can look into each other's eyes. (At least that is what I hear. Never actually tried it myself. Well, I saw it on an internet video. But I guess 69 is out.)
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 am

Wow!

From garments to oral sex in 12 replies!

That's a quick slide from sacred to sexy!

græy

Post by græy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 am
In the probable words of Joseph Smith Jr. "That's the best kind of slide!"
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 pm

græy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 am
Red Ryder wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Emower

Post by Emower » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:00 pm

græy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Swings are better...

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Articles like these still make me feel bad. I haven’t worn garments for almost five years. I feel a lot better without them, but this just reminds me of how awkward and unable to pass off as a good Mormon woman I was.

It’s probably a combination of having a mom who wasn’t very fashion-conscious or feminine, I’m not stereotypically feminine, and I have no older sisters – no one to talk to - so I just never knew how to wear garments and look good. They were always sliding all over the place. If I wore the bra over to keep the garments in place, the garments bunched up inside, if I wore it under, then I had compass/square nipple markings (even under sweaters), and the garments rolled up. Once I had them come up through the neck of my shirt. Embarrassing. It’s a lie that you can wear a nude bra with white garments and it looks normal. I tried it and looked like I was wearing a dark bra over a shirt under a white shirt. Ridiculous. It wasn’t until a few years before I stopped wearing them I found out there were shirts I was supposed to be buying to keep the damn things in place, but I didn’t know what the shirts were called or even where to buy them. I still have no clue. The only solution I could come up with for the whole thing was that I must be overweight – which isn’t true. I tried larger sizes, smaller sizes, nothing ever worked.

One of the most empowering days of my life was getting a bra fitting at Nordstrom. A wonderful woman picked out lovely bras, measured me, told me how they were supposed to fit, how to care for them, I felt like a million bucks. I felt like a woman who finally knew how to wear women’s underwear. And then she asked me if I wanted panties to go with and I said, “No thanks, I’m Mormon, we don’t wear those.” The look on her face – she was horrified. I can just see her going home to tell the family that Mormons don’t wear underpants.

I never measured up to being a Mormon woman. I didn’t have the right interests, the right looks, I asked too many questions, was interested in the wrong things, I didn’t have enough kids, I had too much education. Garments were just another part of that. I was so obviously awkward about them. Just one more way I couldn’t be a “real woman.” Garments just made me feel like a loser. That’s all.

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Do liberated Saintettes ever ditch the bra?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 am

What about the option of not wearing a bra?
~2bizE