Reign of Judges movie

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Raylan Givens

Reign of Judges movie

Post by Raylan Givens » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Does anyone know what is going on with the Reign of Judges: title of liberty.

Is the movie already made? Are they still crowdsourcing money?

My friend has been posting about it all this week

Looks like Braveheart, with white dudes fighting big polynesian guys with Meso American backdrop.
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Corsair

Re: Reign of Judges movie

Post by Corsair » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:26 am

I want to see this movie made, but for all the wrong reasons. I think it will unintentionally highlight the craziness of the Book of Mormon much like that crummy "The Journey Begins" movie from several years ago.

As far as I know, this movie has been in development limbo for some time. Movies you have never heard about get stuck in this limbo even if serious Hollywood money is behind them. This show could could certainly use more money, but they aren't getting any from me. The producers and directors are all true believers and I wish them well. This seems like an excellent way to test the spiritual power of conversion that the Book of Mormon does, or does not, have.

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:07 am

The trailer makes it look like a low budget rated R action movie. The kind you see on Netflix. I guess we will see if it gets off the ground. The way my friend is posting about it, you would think he is mortgaging his house for it
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:39 am

Just watched the trailer... some movies should stay in the “never heard of it” realm. Yikes...

Meanwhile, the hunt to watch the trailer lead me to this https://youtu.be/pXCpc2Bcirs so not a waste of time at all :D
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder