Fellowship or Flirting?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Brent

Fellowship or Flirting?

Post by Brent » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 am

Strange but true. When does Fellowship become Flirting? Recently my wife has been getting (what I consider) inappropriate attention from the EQP. In all honesty as EQP I religiously avoided females at meetings who were not with their spouses. My wife was describing how the EQP has approached her during her last two meetings and I was thinking, "This seems to be really inept flirting with my wife". I mentioned as much and was assured, "He's much younger than us and has a hottie for a wife".

Help?

wtfluff

Re: Fellowship or Flirting?

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 am

If it's a fellowship attempt to get to you via your wife, why not tell your wife to send him to "flirt" with you?

Otherwise, if you confront him, I'm pretty sure it will stop quickly.

If you want to be a complete @ss, you could start flirting with his wife...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Brent

Post by Brent » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:04 pm

DW attends. I am out and off the boat manifest.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Send him this text:
Hey big boy, I heard you've been talking to my wife. If you want some conversation, why don't you come get some from me?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Looks like it’s back to church for you Brent to protect your wife from the evil flirtations of the EQP. Maybe that’s a tactical plan to get you back to church???
~2bizE

Brent

Post by Brent » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 pm

Sooo... blue shirt, no tie, sleeves rolled up to highlight tattoos

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Brent wrote:Sooo... blue shirt, no tie, sleeves rolled up to highlight tattoos
Absolutely! Don't want to end up being a church cuckold like poor Orson Pratt almost did.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Brent wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 pm
Sooo... blue shirt, no tie, sleeves rolled up to highlight tattoos
Well... If EQP doesn't really know you, that ink will almost definitely scare him away from flirting with your wife.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:02 pm

Sounds about as harmless as Joseph Smith speaking to Parley P Pratt's wife!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:41 pm

Approached her how during the last two meetings?

I mean, I have actual conversations with men who are not my husband regularly, but I'm not cheating on him or flirting with them. Also, not cheating on him with any of the women that I have regular conversations with. I think Mormons have a really unhealthy obsession with any interaction between males and females being sexual. I'd need a lot more information to really weigh in on this conversation. In any case, your wife is an adult and can tell him to bug off if he's bothering her.

alas

Post by alas » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:44 pm

glass shelf wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:41 pm
Approached her how during the last two meetings?

I mean, I have actual conversations with men who are not my husband regularly, but I'm not cheating on him or flirting with them. Also, not cheating on him with any of the women that I have regular conversations with. I think Mormons have a really unhealthy obsession with any interaction between males and females being sexual. I'd need a lot more information to really weigh in on this conversation. In any case, your wife is an adult and can tell him to bug off if he's bothering her.
This!

“Approached and talked to” does not mean he is flirting. Women are more than a piece of meat. Maybe he admires her intelligence. Maybe he likes her spiritual insights. Maybe he is trying to get to know HER as a way to find out if approaching you might work. Just because a man talks to a woman does not mean there is anything sexual.

The RSP in both of our wards (we are snowbirds and have a winter ward and a summer ward) have approached my husband, several times. They normally chat a few minutes before asking if I accept ministering friends, or would respond to an invite to activity, or other such. He assures them I accept visits, but don’t go to activities.

We have a divorced neighbor in winter ward that seeks him out to sit with. There is a young mother with her husband up on the stand who also likes to sit with him because he will help entertain wiggly toddlers. If I worried about every woman who is friendly to my husband, I never would have gone inactive.

Our spouses who go to church and sit by themselves week after week need to feel that we are fine with them talking to people and are not worried that someone is flirting. Mormons are just weird about even having a conversation with someone of the opposite sex.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:24 pm

What was said in this dialogue between the wife and the EQP?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

A New Name

Post by A New Name » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:19 pm

We need pictures of your wife, the EQP, and the EQP's wife before we can make any recommendations on how to procced! :lol:

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 pm

As President Reagan would have said, "Trust but verify." ;)
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

slk

Post by slk » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Could your DW be saying this just to get you active again.

Sorry...2biz already suggested this. I'd just ask the wife to avoid one on one conversations.

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:34 pm

slk wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 pm
Could your DW be saying this just to get you active again.

Sorry...2biz already suggested this. I'd just ask the wife to avoid one on one conversations.
Appearance of evil right? ;)

It probably feels nice to get a little flirt...can't say that has happened to me in a long, long time...
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens