DW's "Hell" Bag

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Linked

DW's "Hell" Bag

Post by Linked » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 am

Last night I walked by our bed and saw a bag on the floor that just said "Hell" on it. It's a bag that says "Hello", but it was folded so you couldn't see the "o". I laughed and told DW about her "Hell" bag. She looked me in the eye, and with a straight face said, "Oh, yeah, that's my church bag."

It was wonderful. But I can't help hoping she is coming around, when she is probably not. But it was funny and she made fun of church, so that's good.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Red Ryder

Re: DW's "Hell" Bag

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:44 am

Is it a "Time Out For Women" bag?

I use the wife's 2013 addition TOFW bag for primary! Like this one here:

This vintage year bag fell apart pretty quick!

“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Give-me-strength

Post by Give-me-strength » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:50 pm

As the time from my faith crisis moves along, my husband is much better about joking about the church. He is still active and faithful but he doesn’t mind making jokes. I remember when I went to church for the primary program, we both joked about how I didn’t burst into flames. He made a Similar joke when he went to help put lights on the local temple and brought coffee with him.

Yet, he still goes to church and still gets mad if I get too flippant about the church. Still, it’s progress

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm

These pictures look like they are modelling for a "Deseret Book" ad in "LDS Living":
Corsair was a satirical miscreant when he wrote:
Time Out For Women: You Can Buy Anything in the World for Money at Deseret Book!