Häagen-Dazs ready for Banning

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

Häagen-Dazs ready for Banning

Post by moksha » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 pm

With Häagen-Dazs ready to release their new line of alcoholic ice creams such as the yummy sounding Irish Cream Brownie and Rum Tres Leches, I think we can well expect the Church to demand that the Utah State Legislature ban them until refrigeration units can be added to the medical cannabis closets at select Utah State Liquor Stores. This will be preceded by an official announcement during all scheduled Sacrament Meetings advising members that consuming such ice cream will keep them out of the Celestial Kingdom.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Re: Häagen-Dazs ready for Banning

Post by 2bizE » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:31 am

I had to fact check you Moksha because the commercials haven’t made it yet to Youtah.
With that low alcohol content, they should be OK to eat.
https://www.bustle.com/p/the-haagen-daz ... s-15928697
~2bizE

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:34 am

Uh oh....does this mean they've already banned Godiva liqueur chocolates from the downtown Mall!?!? :?

Can't resist at least one.... 8-)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

Suddenly "Please bless the refreshments to nourish and strengthen our bodies" has a whole new meaning!

Watch out ward activity refreshment coordinator!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:02 am

There is a really nice older brother in my ward who likes to bring by hagendaz bars to us as part of some informal fellowshipping. Maybe we'll score some "hot" ones now!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 am

The average TBM is about to have a major encounter with cognitive dissonance. One of the holiest substances in Mormonism, ice cream, in a carnal relationship with one of the most abhorrent. The Kingdom of God in these the latter days may be torn asunder.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Advocate

Post by Advocate » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:46 am

There's no issue here. Remember, the word of wisdom forbids drinking alcohol, not eating it (President McKay quote on rum cake). So long as you don't let your ice cream melt, you are good to go!

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 am

On a brighter note, UT is one step closer to killing the 3.2 beer limit:

https://fox13now.com/2019/02/07/utah-mo ... ier-brews/
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:44 am

2bizE wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:31 am
I had to fact check you Moksha because the commercials haven’t made it yet to Youtah.
With that low alcohol content, they should be OK to eat.
https://www.bustle.com/p/the-haagen-daz ... s-15928697
With Elder Holland's help, the Mormon Interpreter Foundation might even print a hit piece on these new flavors in their journal.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:35 pm

While you're at it friends, try a scoop of dulce de leche ice cream with a shot of hot espresso on top.

Not alcoholic, but you're welcome!

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Does anyone else think this will never be available under the banner of the COB? (Utah.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:59 am

wtfluff wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 pm
Does anyone else think this will never be available under the banner of the COB? (Utah.)
Wonder what would happen to BYU students caught eating this on campus. Even with very low alcohol, there must be BYU some officials more than willing to share their righteous indignation and judgment.
-- Moksha