International Cuisine

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

International Cuisine

Post by moksha » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:40 am

I ran across this video on one of my favorite Youtube channels. Actually, I have eaten the bird they are discussing, but when I ate it the name used was squab. Squab sounds like a European delicacy, right? It would probably fit as an LDS Sunday dinner item if served with fry sauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PhIUj6FiUg

Do you have any unusual food thoughts, observations or stories?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Re: International Cuisine

Post by moksha » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 am

Sister Nelson went on to describe the many times she said her husband has been awoken during the night because he is receiving a message from God.
"Russell... Russell, God says to turn over on your side because you were snoring again."
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:00 am

Moksha, I enjoyed both of these comments, but did I miss something that happened between Wed 10:40 am and Thurs 2:30 am? Squab causes snoring? God prophetically enters you system via squab?

I remember a similar bird in Eraserhead. "Little damn things, smaller than my fist - but they're new!"
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:40 am
I ran across this video on one of my favorite Youtube channels. Actually, I have eaten the bird they are discussing, but when I ate it the name used was squab. Squab sounds like a European delicacy, right? It would probably fit as an LDS Sunday dinner item if served with fry sauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PhIUj6FiUg

Squab! Reminds me of an old National Lampoon comedy bit:
Robert Caucasian vs. Squab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYNI2p-jnk

Fword warning.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

crazyhamster

Post by crazyhamster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 am
Sister Nelson went on to describe the many times she said her husband has been awoken during the night because he is receiving a message from God.
"Russell... Russell, God says to turn over on your side because you were snoring again."
God to Russell: “it’s time to get a $&@!$ CPAP machine!”

crossmyheart

Post by crossmyheart » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:40 am
I once invited a crush over to my apartment for shark. I lived near the ocean at the time- so it was not a surprising meal to cook.

He got this:
e9d071b270ccd65f983be7353208a792--kids-pasta-sharks.jpg
e9d071b270ccd65f983be7353208a792--kids-pasta-sharks.jpg (17.75 KiB) Viewed 3262 times
Needless to say that relationship did not go much further...