Living the Middleway again.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
larecherche

Re: Living the Middleway again.

Post by larecherche » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:48 am

hmb wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:44 am
I shudder to think of getting a calling and other responsibilities. Is that part going to be okay for you? Your middleway may become 3/4 way. While living with my dad, I had my records sent to my home in another state.
The church is like that. You might try to go half-way, but it's going to do everything it can to make you go further. I think that going half-way is always going to be a battle. Callings, covenants, commitment patterns, worthiness, duty, ordinances of family members, etc. There are so many ways that the church pushes you to be... not necessarily better, but definitely more Mormon.

hmb

Post by hmb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:27 am

larecherche wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:48 am
hmb wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:44 am
I shudder to think of getting a calling and other responsibilities. Is that part going to be okay for you? Your middleway may become 3/4 way. While living with my dad, I had my records sent to my home in another state.
The church is like that. You might try to go half-way, but it's going to do everything it can to make you go further. I think that going half-way is always going to be a battle. Callings, covenants, commitment patterns, worthiness, duty, ordinances of family members, etc. There are so many ways that the church pushes you to be... not necessarily better, but definitely more Mormon.
WHOOPS! Not Mormon. We aren't mormons any longer. Hahaha. We are all, including TBM's, ex-mo's now :P .

larecherche

Post by larecherche » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:45 am

Part of being half-in is disregarding official direction and continuing a lifelong habit of saying Mormon :lol: