mocha latte for Neal

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Evil_Bert

Re: mocha latte for Neal

Post by Evil_Bert » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am

I know it isn't a mocha latte, but I did hit Starbucks for a Cookies and Cream Frap in honor of Neal.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Mocha latte mission completed, sending many hugs and much love.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:26 am

Cafe Zaphod did feature the Neil this last Sunday.

20190317_091333_large.jpg
20190317_091333_large.jpg (76.48 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:20 pm

I couldn’t wait until the 12th so I had a mocha latte this morning. 😀

To be honest I love coffee everyday.

Internet hugs Fifi!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Mocha Latte, ya-ya (yeah, yeah)
Relief Society Marmalade

Wishing you peace and solace, Fifi.

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 pm

Many comforting (((hugs)))) and blessings to you. I remember the very sad day when you made the announcement about Neal. We mourn with you, and I regularly have mocha lattes throughout the year in his memory.
Last Mother's Day, my sister even gave me a Starbuck's gift card for this reason. Take much care, from Wndr.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 am

On my way to make a ML4N right now.

(( hugs ))
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Fifi de la Vergne

Post by Fifi de la Vergne » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:26 am

I think someone's cutting onions . . .you all are the best.

It's been six years but you know what -- grief doesn't care how long it's been. There are a lot of good times and days are mostly good, but there are still moments where I can barely stand under the weight of it.

Two of Neal's siblings are married now, and he'll never know these new family members, nor they him. He'll never meet the nieces and nephews who are going to start arriving. His siblings are all older now than he ever got to be and that is hard to wrap my head around. I really want to know the man he would have grown to be. I would give anything for all the conversations I will never get to have . . . Hamilton came to our city back before the pandemic shut everything down. I ended up going by myself because I couldn't talk any of my family into it, but Neal would have gone with me, and he would have loved it.

As I move forward in a post-church life, there are fewer and fewer people who were around and who remember. Thank you for remembering.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:32 am

Thanks for the reminder everyone. This will be my first experience making my own mocha latte.

We love you Fifi!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Linked

Post by Linked » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:35 pm

Count me in for a mocha latte for Neal.

I hope you have some peace on this tough day Fifi!
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Journey

Post by Journey » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:40 pm

Fifi de la Vergne wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:26 am
I think someone's cutting onions . . .you all are the best.

It's been six years but you know what -- grief doesn't care how long it's been. There are a lot of good times and days are mostly good, but there are still moments where I can barely stand under the weight of it.

Two of Neal's siblings are married now, and he'll never know these new family members, nor they him. He'll never meet the nieces and nephews who are going to start arriving. His siblings are all older now than he ever got to be and that is hard to wrap my head around. I really want to know the man he would have grown to be. I would give anything for all the conversations I will never get to have . . . Hamilton came to our city back before the pandemic shut everything down. I ended up going by myself because I couldn't talk any of my family into it, but Neal would have gone with me, and he would have loved it.

As I move forward in a post-church life, there are fewer and fewer people who were around and who remember. Thank you for remembering.
Much love to you <3

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Big Hugs for you Fifi!!!!! Love you!!!!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound