Ep IV Saber Duel Updated

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Mad Jax

Ep IV Saber Duel Updated

Post by Mad Jax » Sun May 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Along with accompanying scenes. Really brutal compared to even the prequel films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

Corsair

Re: Ep IV Saber Duel Updated

Post by Corsair » Sun May 12, 2019 7:42 pm

I was 8 years old when I first saw that scene. It was one of the most glorious scenes for me and that would have been even more fantastic if graphics had been up to the level.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon May 13, 2019 6:30 am

I saw that over the weekend. Very good work. That's better than anything in the Prequels.

I was never very impressed with that dual. I understand that in 1977 they just didn't have the technology to really do a light saber dual like they would have wanted at the time. But even then, it always seams unfinished to me. Even after the various "improvements" done over the years, they never fixed some of the obvious effects errors and limitations of that scene. They add several minutes of useless, distracting, scenery shots in Mos Eisley, but never fixed the obvious lightsaber lighting problems?
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Tue May 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:30 am
I saw that over the weekend. Very good work. That's better than anything in the Prequels.
I wouldn't go that far but it's comparable. Easily better than anything in the new Disney universe though, save possibly for Vader's Rogue One rampage.

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Tue May 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Here's another cinematic from SWTOR you guys might like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkcolVxDy0