What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
MoPag

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by MoPag » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 am

Random wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 am
Just about to settle down with some coffee and NOM conference reporting. (I'm very grateful for those who start conference threads, especially since I finally have zero interest in actually tuning in to the series itself.)
I'm glad you like the NOMfrence threads!! (Hugs)

I am obsessed with these and drinking them all the time right now:
LoveLoveLove!!!!.png
LoveLoveLove!!!!.png (102.93 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Oliver Winery Gewürztraminer 2017. It's my second serious attempt at trying to figure out wine after an initial ill fated run-in with a tetra-pack Cabernet from Target. Kinda interesting taking it with a tasting notes approach rather than my first, "I wonder what gone bad grape juice tastes like?" I could see how one could really get into this, you start picking out things like rose, lychee, honey, and even a perfumey incensey quality. iI's certainly more complex than just alcoholic Welch's. Of course it's make sense that would appeal to me, it's one of the things I love about whiskey the sheer novelty and variety you can find in them.

Don't think it'll be replacing whiskey as my cerebral drink any time soon but it's nice to have a back up. I bought a Shiraz at the same time so we'll see what I think of a bold red when I get around to it.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Tried the Shiraz... not a huge fan. It's palatable but the disconnect between the super fruity nose and what comes across to me as a mouth full of tartness and tannins to me is kinda... meh. So in short, love the smell, not a fan of the taste. I'll be sticking to whiskey and beer I think.

Random

Post by Random » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm

MoPag, I can't see their names (brand, kind). So far, I've not bought coffee in bottles like that. Will you please tell me the brand and kinds they are? I might be interested in trying them.

(I tried Starbucks coffee once; it was like drinking syrup that had three times too much sugar in it.)
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Right now, I'm drinking homemade white wine one of my daughters made almost a year ago. Definitely has a buzz to it.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am

Trying some Mexican ground from a little yellow brick package I picked up at Dollar Tree.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am
Trying some Mexican ground from a little yellow brick package I picked up at Dollar Tree.
Sounds like Cafe Bustelo based on the description.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 am

Random wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm
MoPag, I can't see their names (brand, kind). So far, I've not bought coffee in bottles like that. Will you please tell me the brand and kinds they are? I might be interested in trying them.

(I tried Starbucks coffee once; it was like drinking syrup that had three times too much sugar in it.)
They are the Starbucks frappuccinos.
yummy.png
yummy.png (198.14 KiB) Viewed 9918 times
I started off just sipping the vanilla. I've also tried caramel, salted caramel, and mocha. I like salted caramel the best.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 am

MoPag wrote:
yummy.png

I started off just sipping the vanilla. I've also tried caramel, salted caramel, and mocha. I like salted caramel the best.
I love these. I travel sometimes for work and one of my co-workers in another state bought me two six packs for the week I was there working. By the end of the week, I could have sworn it was coming out of my pores. My skin felt super moisturized too! :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Very unhappy with Costco ... they changed the supplier for their Kirkland brand spiced rum. It's no longer "St. Croix". It's made by Sazerac in Kentucky and it is just....blech...in comparison.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:16 am

Woke AF.
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

Random

Post by Random » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:12 pm

MoPag wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 am
yummy.png

Thanks. I'll keep my eye out for some.

PK

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:54 pm

The Drinker's Mite

If you are on your last bottle and only have one shot in your house, save it for Jesus if he comes asking for it. You might say, "Take this Oh Lord, receive my last shot of bourbon". Jesus might drink it and then bless you with a bottle of single malt Scotch.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:08 am

A Quadruple Espresso
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:53 pm

I just can’t bring myself to drink coffee. I gave it an honest try. I don’t want super sugared up drinks and I don’t like coffee plain or cold.
I do enjoy a wide range of teas now! I enjoy sweetening some with other teas like mint if it suits my fancy. Yogi’s Green Tea Kombucha is my current favorite!

I am going to have to revisit this whole thread for drink ideas. A couple weekends ago my friends took me to a bar for drinks and live music. Since it was my first time they guided me so I would not get drunk. Two drinks was my limit (and a shot from some guys which I mostly spilled on myself... goodness... it was an oversized shot glass so not my fault really!). The two drinks were cranberry and vodka... and good! It was actually fun. Of course dancing to good music ups the fun factor tremendously.... I did get a fit of the giggles after the second drink took effect... that was not so good but it sure felt good at the time... I needed to relax/laugh so badly. They had me drink a lot of water after and I felt sober by the time we left- so a perfect experience. Never mind the boob grab or butt grab... and the guy who thought I would go home with him. Learning experience all around...drinking can be fun when done responsibly.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm

Drinking Vanilla Coke now,

But Might I suggest this collection for the mormon starting out

1. A dutch liquor called Kusje, meaning: Kiss
2. A german liquor called Neuken, which in dutch means: F*ck
3. Need to explain the third? :twisted:
Attachments
8F17E51B-AA99-4AFD-9019-59B8607903E7.jpeg
8F17E51B-AA99-4AFD-9019-59B8607903E7.jpeg (254 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

IT_Veteran

Post by IT_Veteran » Fri May 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Calumet Farm 10 yr bourbon and Ragtime Rye for me tonight.

Random

Post by Random » Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Just finished a short glass of homemade wine.

PK

redjay

Post by redjay » Wed May 29, 2019 3:36 pm

At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri May 31, 2019 6:03 pm

SALT LAKE CITY - Go down to the main SLC liquor store and ask for Klingon Bloodwine. The store personnel will let you know that the Utah State Liquor Commission has yet to decide whether the Klingons are pure and delightsome. Commission Chairperson Mark O. Paolo puts it this way, "When we have our meetings the favorite item on the agenda is lunch. When we find an occasion to fast and pray about it we will make our determination.
-- Moksha